I just don't get it :-(

Posted , 5 users are following.

So for the last week I have been feeling ok ish I finally thought that anxiety was starting to live along side me rather than be my life but this morning it has hit me smack bang in the face, I woke up to my beautiful little boys faces all was well until about an hr ago, I started to feel a headache coming on (of course it's now a brain tumor) followed by numbness in my face and excess sweating, I am taking proparanol and sertraline hence why after 6 weeks I thought I might be getting somewhere and really don't know why or how it's reared its ugly head again...! My heart is going ten to the dozen and doesn't want to calm down I'm so fed up of this feeling I honestly can't see what else I can try :-(

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I'm in the same boat this morning, I'm soo

Scared ill be like this for ever, I'm on 10 days of sertraline, has I not worked for you then?

• Posted

I think it's working but when I have a rubbish day I always think that's it's going to spiral and it's just going to go down hill from there x
  • Posted

Don't panic, just let it do its thing, I've been on sertraline 5 and a half months and still have bad days, it gets better and the bad days get further apart, don't give up, just accept the bad and look forward to the good, I know it's hard but in time your learn how to control the bad days, it comes with experiences, are you having cbt? And you doing anything to help?
    • Posted

Can I ask how long before the sertraline started to work, I'm feeling so low, to point off despair, did you feel t h is way at the beginning? I just smoke cigarette after cigarette, usualy by evening I feel a lot better, but morning are awful. Plz let us know thanks
    • Posted

That's exactly how i was in the beginning chain smoking, it took between 8-12 weeks, but I was feeling a lot better after 2 weeks, and I would have good weeks and bad weeks up until 8 weeks then it all started to become better, i still have crap anxious days but they are becoming less and less, have you tried peppermint tea, camomile tea, I've quit all caffeine from my diet as it is a stimulant, try rescue remedy and also meditation helps, it keep your mind busy listening to it.
    • Posted

Yes I also have cut caffeine out,I only drink herbal teas, I get so low to the

Point I want to die, but I dont really, I'm on 50mg of sertraline, Dr is keeping me on that dose for another 2 weeks, I'm just scared ill feel the exact same by then. I wont be able to cope. I've not been able to work, I'm so lost, it gives me hope that you are a lot better, but 8 weeks is so long, omg. Thanks

for your reply, it helps

• Posted

I'm not having cbt no, I am waiting to see a counsellor but haven't heard anything yet, they did refer me to a general anxiety group but think it's more cbt that I would benefit from, have you had it? I try to keep myself busy I have 2 children so that keeps me on my toes x
    • Posted

They say the worse side effects are in the first two weeks, the pills take 6-8weeks or even 12+weeks, I'm 5 and a half months and still getting better and stronger, cbt is brilliant I've had one sessions so far, don't worry I've been off work since February, was on sick pay then my boss sacked me so claiming esa now.
    • Posted

So you have been unwell, for a very long time? What dose are you on now? Hope u dont mind me asking these,qustions, did you feel that your focus was always on your self, ad got sick of constantly thinking about it? Like I feel I'm going mad ? Thanks for your reply , how did u get through the bad days?
    • Posted

I've been on 100mg from the start, the bad days I would get through by not beating myself up, do what you can, keep a diary so you can look back in progress, you need a routine but don't push to hard, drink plenty of water, herbal teas, and just try and get as busy as you can, I've started making dioramas, and model kits, even doing colouring books
    • Posted

I am on day 8 of 25 mg sertraline and my anxiery is really bad. I hate waking up mornings are the absolute worst for me too. I don't see an end to this. I have been smoking cigarette after cigarette as well and then I get a back pain and think I have lung cancer. I'm constantly feeling everywhere for pains and lumps it is completely debilitating. I really can't cope. I need to increase my dose to 50mg but where my anxiety is still so bad I don't know if it will get worse and if I should wait a little longer. I have never felt so bad and it's so hard to believe anxiety can you make you feel so awful. I feel like I'm dying. I don't see an end to this and I just want to have my life back and be able to leave the house and enjoy things. It's ruining my life
    • Posted

Oh Tracy, I know the feeling, are you taking sertraine because of anxiety and depression?

The mornings are the absolute worst I know only too well! Has the Dr not given you anything to help you calm the anxiety in the morning?

My Dr gave me diazipam, I sometimes take only 3mg when its so bad that I feel suicidal, i but now try my best not to take it and i get dressed and get out the house, i also qm chain smoking , but its a comfort to me. I'm on second week of 50mg its so awful i cry a lit and also want my life back. I have asked Dr to have my vitamin levels checked and thyroid, so plz do the same , mine all came back normal, apart from high potassium level, I'm currently trying to find if this is a link or Nott? But do ask the Dr for something to help the anxiety. I'm going through the exact same your not alone sweet heart, its so awful i know. Plz keep in touch. Xx

• Posted

Yes I am on sertraline for anxiety/depression and panic attacks. I have had anxiety for years but always coped although never really happy. I just started having the panic attacks 2 months ago and thought something serious was wrong and Iwas dying. I was having them everyday sometimes more then once. My doctor gave me ativan (lorazepam) for the anxiety which I have been taking everyday for the last i weeks and I'm really nervous I am going to have withdrawl if i try to stop them the longer I take them. That makes me panic even more bc i need them right now and ni can't go through withdrawl on top of the anxiety depression I'm feeling too. I hate teeing pills but in am so desperate I can't cope I can't feel like this anymore. How long have you taken the diazepam and how often? I'm only on 0.5mg of ativan but i have been having to take it in the morning bc the anxiety ns so bad when I wake up sometime I throw up and I take it at night. It's a low dose but it doesn't seem to work long then a few hours now and in dont want to increase it more and then not be able to stop. I cry everyday i just want this to end.
    • Posted

Also I haven't left the house besides going to the dr or hospital. I can't go out im scared of having a panic attack and i feel so awful I don't want to do anything. Nothing gets my mind off this feeling is so bad. I have no energy and feel so weak I have no appetite and have lost over 10 lbs.
    • Posted

Even if I'm only on 25 mg? I feel like the anxiety is never going to go away and I don't know if 25 mg will do anything if I wait longer. The dr said that dose is so low it won't do anything but since I was having nausea and sensitive to the meds I could start at 25 then increase to 50 and it might be less side effects . Even the 25 mg for the first 5 days made me vomit. Don you think s8nce its in my system some now the ausea and vomitting will. come back when I go up to 50mg
    • Posted

I'm going to have to increase my ddose nex t week too, I'm scared as well,
    • Posted

I take About 3mg of diazepam in the morning if I cant cope, I have been taking it now for about 8days, but today I didn't ta min e any yet, l did wake up with anxiety, but I just take my sertraline and go out alll day, and it does go way after a couple hours, I cant eat either, but I'm getting better wat eating, I force very runny porridge down me just after or before intake the sertraline, I cant stay at home, ill get too anxious and my b r ain just doesn't stop thi n king about it,then I dread coming

Home in the evening. I hate this, its awful, i eatt in the evenings so far, and am getting qn appetite at lunch time, if I cant then I drink as much water as possible, or glass of milk, but I'm also smoking loads, I too want my life back, I'm scared ill be this way forever. But we just have to try and be positive and hopefully soon we will be better, as lots and l o ts do get better. Do you sleep a t night?

• Posted

I dread going to bed bc I know what's coming when i wake up. I can fall asleep but I can't stay asleep. I wake up all through the night. Atleast you have the energy to get up and go out for the day. I dont leave the house and I sit everyday with my mind constantly going nit knowing what to do with myself. I feel like I'm going crazy. I'm scared I will be like this forever too. It's the worst feeling in the world
    • Posted

It is indeed ,I don't like being at home alone kids are out and hubby at work, I'm so tired, wish I could curl up and sleep, but I cant, my eyes a red as i know I'm exhausted. Can any one relate to all this and tell us it will get better plzzzzz
    • Posted

I don't like being alone either. Inhave a 6 year old and I'm really withdrawn and disconnected. My mom has been taking care of her bc I can't handle anything. I feel so guilty. I can't work or do anything and feel like I'm just existing. I didn't ask for this and my family has no idea what it's like. They don't understand. I want someone to be home with me all the time but it's not possible.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.