i just don't know any more.

Posted , 3 users are following.

I would say I started coming out of depression two weeks ago,as a bumpy ride to say the least.this last week has been a really good one where I did so much and was making me feel like i was getting on with my life.now im in tears wondering why I don't feel normal.I know it didn't help having a migraine last night and not alot of sleep.I'm still haunted by times I feel better and normal.I just don't know what to do anymore.it's my sisters birthday tomorrow,and my brothers next Tuesday,and I've always told myself since this started to try and hold on until their birthdays came and went (my sisters 29 and my brothers going to be 18) they with my mum are the only people I have in my life even though I have other things to live for, ie uni,my job and the people im getting to know slowly.I turn 25 myself at the end of the month,and this isn't certainly how i imagined my life being.I've tried hard to be normal without putting too much pressure on my self,but i feel it isnt working and I dont know what to do anymore.I'm tired of waiting for help,I'm waiting for a phycologist,after a over the phone assesment over two weeks ago and emailing on Friday to find out what's going on.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

It is good that you had a good week.  With depression there are good and bad days and ups and downs.  That is the nature of the illness.  If only that good feeling would last.  Yes there are times when we feel normal and that the depression has receded, only for it to return again. 

You have support which is a good thing, as depression is very hard to handle alone. 

Hopefully seeing the psychologist should help you.  You have plenty o0f support here too as we all have depression and understand how you feel. 

Over the years I have learned how to live with depression, and no it is not easy.  Yes I also long for the better timnes, but hey my good times are good and I just coast along when they are bad.  You will get that good feeling again. 

Let us know how you get on.

• Posted

Thank you.I've just found out today that I have about 7 or 8 weeks to wait for the psychiatrist.been feeling really nervous tonight,I have had anxiety as well as the depression,though both haven't been officially confirmed.I do hope the 8 weeks go quick.thunder storms with sleep deprivation isn't great,lol.
  • Posted

Hi I am with Anne on this.  I have had depression all my life and found keeping busy with things you have to do ie work is the key.  I too coast along when I am bad and try and enjoy the good times.  Take care.

Bev x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.