I just feel ghastly!

Posted , 2 users are following.

I thought IBS was a nightmare, but I have had food poisoning which has turned to gastroenteritis, problem is very low blood pressure and still hungry, can I eat brown seeded bread, I have diverticulosis too! Please help feel like death warmed up!!!

0 likes, 56 replies

56 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Medical advice now states that seeds are not a problem with diverticulosis.  Stick to bland foods such as milk to settle your stomach; avoid anything rich for the moment.  If you are having diarrhoea, take Imodium and avoid fruit until the infection clears up.
    • Posted

Hi Pippa, forgot that bit oops, I can't stomach milk at the moment not well enough yet but getting there. Was worried about the low blood pressure really, will water stop.me wanting to pass out. Just feel weak that's all. Hope you're OK, can you write a poem about IBS?

• Posted

You could put a little sugar in the water to boost your blood sugar levels that may have dropped with not eating.  My dad had a fit and collapsed after low blood pressure and was given sugar by the paramedics and very sweet tea which both helped. I don’t know whether water alone will stop you feeling you are going to pass out, but it will stop you getting dehydrated and will replace lost fluids.

I think a funny poem about IBS would be in order to amuse us.  I’m always up for a bit of humour!  Between Monday and Tuesday I wrote four poems. Three of them were to lampoon my writers group who were very rude to me and were very unpleasant about a member who died suddenly. 

• Posted

That's a good idea as with low blood pressure you get no advice really about raising so you don't feel so bad. I line your poems which is why I asked if you'd write one. As for your thoughts about who were cruel when someone died that's them been disgusting! They should be ashamed of themselves. My blood pressure is slowly getting better if I eat little and often. Thank you.

• Posted

Glad to hear your blood pressure is improving.  I’m sending you my IBS poem by private message.
    • Posted

Pippa oh Pippa, this wonderful friend, please can you tell me this misery ends? IBS is no joke, it's ever fun, if you eat wrong foods, your bowels can their run. How you do manage that is the key, looks at my lifestyle then you will see. The stress is the biggest thing to cope with, if I can get all my life and give it sieve. Get rid of the stress, it's easy to say, say the people who don't everyday, live with the problems that IBS brings, so keep quiet in future, my sore insides sings! IBS what a nuisance , s pest and a pain, it's not my bowels that's the problem, what drives me insane, is. The. STRESS!!!!!

• Posted

We have a number of friends who have had this diagnosis; it is devastating.
    • Posted

I try not to think too much about genetic predisposition to certain illnesses; there is no point in adding to my stress levels.
    • Posted

As my diet has been so crxx and my health so poor i can't really rule food out of anything any more. It makes me so cross as I just want to be well again!

• Posted

I already take lots of different vitamins, but it's when I get stressed and my IBS flares that the problems start for me! I don't really suffer from colds luckily.

• Posted

IBS can lower your immunity because of the physical stress it puts on your body.  I don’t have much immunity to colds during winter and I am guaranteed at least two nasty bouts.  This is a huge improvement because when I was younger, I had the cold every month regardless of winter, spring or summer. 
    • Posted

Hi Pippa, I luckily don't really suffer from coldz as I said but noticed how low my immunity has dropped. I think having all my fruit and most of my veg didn't do me any good as I'm vegetarian!

• Posted

Stress can also lower your immunity and make your more sucepitble to infections.  Repeated infections will also wear down your body’s defences.
    • Posted

Exactly! My doctors answer? Just take anti depressants! Grrr, no what else just she offer nothing.
    • Posted

I am really cross and that's an understatement. All this stress has caused a urinary infection on top of being female and IBS. My doctor told me yesterday oh take lansoprasile. I am fuming with her, it was an infection! (And still is). After not trusting males after my past then having to have a make see me mid-period,cwaa a complete waste of time. I had to cancel my counselling which I'd essential. I am so angry, I've go be past crying!

• Posted

Your doctor should have been able to recognise your symptoms straight away and even if she couldn’t, a dip stick or lab test would have confirmed it!   I am most surprised, your symptoms were missed. UTIs are not that hard to diagnose.  My mum had them frequently and were picked up every time.  Are there no other doctors in your Practice that you could see instead?

So sorry you are having such a tough time!

• Posted

My doctor did more harm than good this time, I may not see her again! I was furious with her and the fact that I had to contact NHS direct, it was a complete waste of my time and theirs if she'd done her job properly! I'm still in agony. She'll have to do something now though as I've been referred to urology!

• Posted

Hopefully, a speciallst can help.  If you have these infections repeatedly, it may be worthwhile asking for a different antibiotic in case the infection has become resistant to the medication you normally get.  My mum had a UTI that was resistant to the standard antibiotics they prescribe for this.  Her GP spotted it when her urine was tested and my dad, who was her carer, was informed straight away.
    • Posted

Hi Pippa, sort of glad this doctor came out to me. I have asked, begged and pleaded for my kidneys to be sorted. If my doctor now does nothing I will see someone else. I am sick of getting I'll! I've had enough, this has gone on for years..... I got a dreadful kidney infection that it could have put me in hospital, when I was about 22 ish? I have always know I have weak kidneys. Now they'll have to do something.

• Posted

Thanks Pippa, I just need to know what it is and how to fix it.it's just gone in too long.

• Posted

If tests come back positive for a kidney infection, they will do a test to see what strain of bacteria you have so that they can give you the correct antibiotic for it.  I have a friend who had a kidney infection and this is how they treated her.
    • Posted

Oh no scared, scared, very scared! Please don't say any more. I hate hospitals! I lost my dad through kidney cancer and that's all I can now see!

• Posted

Finally an update. Common sense has finally prevailed - this is a urinary infection but a further test is going via the doctors to be tested after 2 weeks 1 horrendous period, 6 doctors visits a hospital visit etc like I said before.yhs antibiotic I had was worsening my kidneys. Appendicitis has now been ruled out, but the infection is now bloodied! What a nightmare. At last it is now sorted. Thank God a huge no massive sigh of relief. Phew!
    • Posted

It’s ridiculous that it took 6 doctors to diagnose a UTI.  That’s almost as many doctors it took me to get an IBS diagnosis.  Glad you finally got it sorted.
    • Posted

Quick update, the antibiotics I should have had in the first place and CYSTITIS medication finally appear to be working. I feel much better since I had the stuff to stop me burning. But now my IBS is off!!!
    • Posted

Thank you very much. I didn't want to live today but a truly lovely friend stopped me from jumping. Hit rock bottom with my health 2 weeks and still feel dreadful!

• Posted

I’m so sorry you’re feeling this way.  I really hope things get better for you soon.
    • Posted

Hi Pippa this upset me so much yesterday that I was tempted to end me life to stop the physical pain. A friend stopped me before I jumped. I am starting to get a little but fed up of been in pain. Just a bit. So I see a doctor next week, I will explain to her what I'd going on when I see her. I don't normally get so I'll.

• Posted

Hopefully your doctor can give you something to help your pain.  Pain can be very draining.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.