I just get so depressed an anxious sometimes

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have dealt with minor depression and pretty severe anxiety for the past 4-5 years. Every now and then it crops up and I get extremely anxious to the point where I can't function. I just feel hopeless and terrified when I'm in that state.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I hate that feeling I just try and take it easy snd take deep breaths I know sometimes easier said than done
    • Posted

It's just frustrating because I try to rationalize my feelings but I can't no matter how hard I try

• Posted

Hi andrew it is frusterating when that happens because it happens to me to where i just have to stay in bed all day or all week and i have to cancel appointments when my anxieties are like that 

It is so frusterating there are times i have to call in sick to work because of my anxieties 

• Posted

Hi Andrew,

As I like to say: "I take one day at a time but sometimes several days attack me all at once!" Depression & anxiety really are debilitating conditions and like most illnesses, they don't play by any rules. I'm still on my road to recovery and I'm learning to recognise my warning triggers, nurture my coping mechanisms and give myself permission to do everything I need to do to safeguard my health. We're all different but I wonder if you have noticed things in the past that have made your episodes of anxiety less stressful or quicker to recover from. You are not alone in feeling hopeless and scared when anxiety strikes. Have you been able to "ride the waves" and get through your worst bouts? What made the difference? Can you set up the circumstances that are helpful when you feel the "storm" coming. As Elizabeth says, some days I just need to pull the covers over my head and batten down the hatches. The journey's all about surviving the worst so that you have a chance of experiencing something more positive and beautiful in life. We look back at the person we were before the depression hit, but we should try to move forward to a "new" version of ourselves - it might be even better than the person we left behind. You are still you. Don't give up hope! The best part of you will come through this stronger, better and more aware of yourself and resilient to difficulties.

Take care of yourself my friend :-)

Digsby 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.