I just had open gall bladder surgery on June 22

Posted , 4 users are following.

I still have a stone in my bile duct I have already eaten fatty foods I had no pain but should I stop will this make my remaining stone worst

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lisette, did they know you had a stone in you bile duct before the op? I only ask as I had some and had to have a ERCP before they would remove my GB. They found 7. 
    • Posted

They tried two ercp procedures but I had so many stones they could only take out two their intentions were to remove gold bladder with stones. They thought they were successful. But when they put the TV tube and JP tube they noticed slot of bile was coming out of my t tube . So with X-ray's they finally determined there was a stone they missed.
    • Posted

Sorry my keyboard is always changing letters on me meant t tube and alot of bile
  • Posted

Fat triggers the gallbladder to release more bile to help with digestion and in particular fats. I would ask the consultant who did the ERCP or the GI consultant if you have one.
    • Posted

Thanks Tom but it's too late I am now experiencing old pain. I am my own worst enemy I just love food and I thought without gall bladder I would be fine sad
  • Posted

People are so different. I had gallbladder removed at end of April because I had gallstones and am still having to be careful what I eat.

To me if you are not having any pain or other problems you can continue eating what you like.

Take care and keep in touch

Sarah xx

• Posted

Sara unfortunately today I woke up with old pain unfortunately the chocolate chip cookies were not worth this. sad
    • Posted

Sorry you're in such discomfort, Sarah. I'm puzzled (but I'm not medical and I only know what I have researched) why you should have the same pain. Maybe someone else here can explain for us.  I'm seeing my GE on 17th Aug and have been hoping he'll put me on the list for GB removal now that I have had the ERCP.  It seems now that it might not be a universal panacea.  Have you tried Buscopan? You can buy in Pharmacies.  It is a recognised and prescribed drug for GS and GB pains.  Worth a try unless you have contraindications.
    • Posted

I'm looking at posts. Didn you mean to send this to lisette and not to me?

Yes I have tried buscopan and come off them successfully.

Sarah

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.