I just ... I dunno :(

Posted , 5 users are following.

Yesterday I was so depressed I could bearly breath. My chest was heavy and my heart hurt, I felt so unbelievably uncomfortable in my own head. I had constant bad thoughts of suicide. Today Im not as bad because I'm a moM of 2 small kids and I'm on auto pilot. I'm in a dream , I'm not here, I'm smiling but I feel nothing. Am I even depressed ? Am I dreaming ? How can I be on the verge of losing my mind one day and be able to function the day after ? Maybe I'm imaging the whole thing. I question myself all the time. I'm on prozac 20mg 6 weeks now and they don't seem to help yet .

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Nickybow, depression works that way, you can be in the pits one day and the next functioning it's a roller coaster. It does feel like being in a dream sometimes and it's common to think it's an imagination and question everything, they are all symptoms of depression and I know because I've had them.

Thoughts of suicide is a worry but again very common, if you feel you may act on those thoughts then get help emmediately, you can contact the Samaritans, your GP, A&E or local crisis team, I've got the number of my crisis team pinned to my home notice board.

If Prozac at 20mg isn't improving your mood then you need to raise it with your GP to discuss moving forward, maybe a couple more weeks and things may change but you should have felt the benefits by now even if it's a small improvement. 

You will get there! Neil 

• Posted

I think everything you're feeling is completey normal when it comes to depression.

My moods are so erratic I can want to kill myself in the morning, want to runaway at lunch time & feel 'normal' by night. It's all a part of your depression & your medication should help to stabalise your moods. I was on Prozac for over a year, took a while to start working but it did so keep taking them & if your still feeling like this or worse over the next week or so I would go back & see your doctor x

• Posted

I'm going through the exact thing as far as feeling in the verge of losing my mind and then being able to function enough to get some emergency thing done then I fall apart again. It's a crazy lonely place. I also have two kids and although they are grown I have to try and put on a happy face and function the best I can. They still live at home.

Give your med a chance but if not better soon see your Dr. I have bipolar depression and currently only on lamictal, a mood stabilizer. I've taken every med out there. I guess mine is med resistant. I hope you find relief soon.

• Posted

Thanks everyone I talked with my doctor and he has put my dose up to 40mg a day instead to see if that can help. ❤

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.