I just started taking Cipralex for depression

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was told that the side effects would eventually subside and I worry about the effect of drugs on my organs and brain. If anyone could tell me about their experience with Cipralex, I would appreciate it. 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

How long have you been taking them?
    • Posted

Hi lynne,

I just started 2 nights ago. I was instructed to take 1/2 of the 10mg tablets for one week and then resume the full 10mg. Over the past 30 Years I have been on various antidepressants and each time I complained they were'nt helping, the dosage was increased or I was put on a different drug. 3 years ago, I stopped taking them cold turkey. But in the past year, I have become worse and gave in to my doctor prescribing Cipralex.

• Posted

Its never a good idea to come off meds cold turkey.

It takes up to 6 week for AD's to settle properly in your system.

I have not had an dealing with Cipralex.

If you have been taking AD's for 30 years you must know the effect they have on your brain

Stay Strongcool

• Posted

They will subside if you allow 4-6 weeks for the med to get completely into your system.   However if the side effects are unbearable you need to go back to your doctors.   The drugs are safe to take which is why they have been passed for use.  x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.