I just want to sleep all the time

Posted , 5 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

I've been on citalopram 20mg for about 9 weeks now for anxiety & depression. The depression has lifted a bit but I still have no confidence & all I want to do is stay in bed & sleep. I get 5 days off work every other week & spend them all in bed. I have no motivation or energy to do anything.

When I'm in work I count down the hours until I can go home then I get straight in bed & on my iPad on Facebook & stuff then go to sleep around 9. Does anyone else just want to sleep & not leave the house? I'm wondering whether to increase the dose after seeing what the doctor recommends but I'm worried that the side effects will be bad again & I'll have to have time off work again. I've been told if I'm off again I'm going to be disciplined rolleyes

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

I should also add I've just had to go back on iron tablets aswell for anaemia around e same time as going on citalopram so maybe that's the reason for my tiredness aswell?
  • Posted

Go to your GP and tell him to increase it to 30 mg then 40 mg, l did that and now l feel so happy, and have been on 40 mg for 3 happy years, good luck.
  • Posted

Go to your GP and tell him to increase it to 30 mg then 40 mg, l did that and now l feel so happy, and have been on 40 mg for 3 happy years, good luck.
    • Posted

Thanks for the reply, I'll go to the doctors & get it increased. Glad it worked for you! smile
  • Posted

We delete content if it doesn’t meet the requirements in our Terms & Conditions.

• Posted

here you are again , why are you even on this site dont read it if you dont like it.

And you only feel bad to start of with and you slowly get better. If you read all the feed back everyone is ok after first couple of months. And alot of people have there meds reduced and come completely of them. And so be it if they have to be on them for the of there life. Like i said on another post if you have arthritus , diabetes or bioplar ect you have to take meds. And also there are loads of medicines that make you feel worse if your ill , cancer patients have chemo which makes them ill before they get better u have operations that cause you pain and then you get better. I really don't see your point , apart from probably making people feel really sh*tty than they already do from taking the medication. Well thats how you made me feel , it was a big discussion for me to go on to them and wasnt one i made lightly i had tryed everything else. After reading the good feedback from this this was my only chance to help me, were not asking for your advice whether or not to take the drug, we are asking people who take the drug what they think. So unless you got anything nice to say , don't say anything at all

thanks x

• Posted

Hey there, I slept for like ever! I think I was like that for a good few months. I think I sleep when I'm down and OK when I'm 'normal'. Maybe you're the same. I loved the cocoon that was my bedroom. I felt so secure when I was under my duvet - no one could get to me.

I would find things to do - not facebook! Try reading, writing, listening to music, doing something. Nothing much, just give your mind a little stimulation. there's a great podcast you could listen too, it's called the moth and it is stories told by regular folks. It's american but the stories transcend nationalities. I also did mindful meditation, try headspace from the App Store. They do 10 meditations for free then you pay but you can always do the same 10 over again. 

There are lots of things you can do from the safety of your bedroom. Just try to do something other than facebook.

take care Hun x

• Posted

Yep love the cocoon! smile I'm going to download headspace now, thanks for replying smile xx
    • Posted

Great, I hope it helps. Just stop playing on Facebook, it won't help you feel better x
    • Posted

Hey HoHum, how are you feeling? How's life in the cocoon? x
  • Posted

try to take your medication at bedtime,2omg is not much increase it to 30mg, I am on 40mg and l am so happy, my friends cannot believe its me.
    • Posted

I'm going to the docs next time I'm off to get it increased, thanks for the advice smile xx

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up