i just want to talk to someone.

Posted , 7 users are following.

I am sat here on this site, I don't want to knock it because I know so many rely on it for support and get a lot of benefit out of it. I hope so of my comments have helped, but I at the moment i don't think they have.

what am I trying to get at you ask, I just feel i want someone to talk to me, ask how I am doing. The friends I socialize with never ask but there again I have never told them how bad things have got since sept. In sept I have said my meds have been changed by the GP because I was struggling, but no one has asked how are things going, since then meds have been changed again and they don't know, I have been referred to psychiatric services. The number of times I have thought about getting my stash out of tablets out have been quite a few particularly over last month. I think psychiatric services  are quite concerned but i have to wait till wed to find out what is going to happen ( my case is to be discussed with psychiatrist tomorrow at the MDT) although they asked me to take my tablets in but I said i didn't want to, they have asked me to phone in if I am getting the urge to take them. Me being me will probably not phone as I tend to solider on and not bother people.

sorry for moaning you probably have more problems than me, as I do have a good life, nice home no financial worries, not in an abbusive relationship good kids. I just feel no one cares about ME and that is why life is not worth living and I would be better off dead.

3 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hey Diane what happened are u ok
    • Posted

No not really ok. Nothing has actually happened I am just feeling so low at the moment.i don't think anyone believes I am trying to help myself. I make a list of very simple tasks to do like the washing, preparing meals generally tidy up putting clothes away, emptying bins when I do not have to go out, but even these tasks are so hard to do at moment. All I have managed so far is get meat out of freezer for tea and put some washing in and had some breakfast.then I sit down on my iPad on this site, which doesn't really inspire any confidence in myself.
  • Posted

Hi dear Dianne,

Please, please.do not feel so sad.xx you are a valuable member on the health forums and I am sure have given hope to make others.....

Every single answer is really appreciated by someone, I am certainly sure that very many others care greatly for you, quite often though we do not tell each other enough......please try to talk openly to your family and friends, I am sure that they all love you......

Very warmest wishes, and sincere apologies to you... DEIRDRE xxx

• Posted

Hi Diane ~

Sometimes when one replies and it's in a positive  way, other's don't realize that you're hurting as well.  You seem to be the strong one.  Other's admire that and want for that as well.

I'm not making excuses just showing you that this may be the case.  Depression is so different to many.  And, at that same time, it's so much alike.  I think we all needed this wake up call to remember that even if the reply seems positive, it just may be that the person is trying to make us feel good.  We should remember to make the person replying feel good and needed as well.  

Diane, you sound like a lovely person.  Your home life seems like one many would give their eye tooth to have.  I can understand that sitting in a world of greatness, you can still feel all alone.  I hope you keep posting on here as you are worthwhile and you just may help that one person get over that hump.  

I hope to see more of your posts!

Warm regards,

Frustrated

• Posted

Hi Diane,

Firstly there are a lot of us out here who feel the same way! People do not tend to ask how you are if you have a 'normal' exterior and unfortunately I have found out that if someone cant see a problem, then to them, it doesnt exist. You sound exactly as I feel...no real problems, but the 'every day' things weigh you down like you wouldnt believe. Sometimes, just looking at the washing pile is enough to send you on a downward spiral, but you WILL feel better if you put the washing in the machine! I know that its only a small thing, but its a step in the right direction, believe me - I have been through it all just the same and the tablets sometimes have seen a good way out of things. The only thing when you think about this is to think about the people who would be devastated if you did something silly...this has stopped me before from doing something and I couldnt put the family I love through this. Everyone on here is struggling with some kind of medical problem and Im sure that everyone feels exactly the same as you do...its the condition we have Im afraid. However, having said that, there IS a way forward and I have foung that talking to someone is a great help. Also, I have now started to write down how I feel and that is an outlet for some of the negative feelings that I have...it puts your feelings 'in order' and perhaps you can look at them in a better way when you see it on paper.

I have just finished seeing a mental health professional for depression and some of the things which they give you to read are a great help, so dont give up hope. There are lots of things out there which can give you support, and lots of very nice people on here who will also do the same.

Dont give up! x

• Posted

Just at the moment Wednesday or Thursday may be a good day
  • Posted

Hi Dianne, we all care for each other here. I like yourself reply to people and rarely talk about myself. I think i have spoke to you before. I am struggling with physical pain at the moment which is affecting my mental health all i can do is cry and the frustration is making me angry. I cannot even bend to do anything, it took me two hours to get out of bed and washed this morning. Living on my own it's hard. I like to come on here and it helps me to help others too. Hope you get the treatment you need and start to feel better soon. Stay with the forum as it's a good support network.

Elizabeth.

• Posted

Thanks. What is the cause of your physical pain? Are you on analgesics,?are they effective? have you looked at taking painkillers say 20-30 mins prior to trying to get up? These are the questions I would have first asked my patients when I was working. If you have tried them which I presume you will have particularly if you have suffered a long time, then the next stage would be the GP to discuss alternatives.

good luck keep me informed.xxx

• Posted

Hi Diane, I have had Septic arthritis from aged 11 in my knee, and now have osteo arthritis in my spine, knee. I have had my knee replaced twice and i am only 58. GP took me off one of my meds that i had been on for years because of the risk of strokes. I have now been given another one yesterday. Not much they can do, it's a case of managing it. My back as been very bad for a few days now been in constant pain with it, hoping it will ease soon.

Elizabeth. 

• Posted

There was a time I saved up tablets in case I could not take the depression any more.  The psychiatrist asked me if I did this, but seemed unconcerned when I said yes.  But the depression did ease, so I say to you, hang in there, and battle as I have done for over 20 years.

Love yourself and yes life is worth living.  You have a lovely family so please do not make them suffer.  I took an overdose once, and I am glad I survived.  I know depression is a cruel illness, and takes away so much.  I have lost jobs, house and relationships because of depression, but I am still here, and still fighting.  I do not want depression to win.

Hang on in there.  It will get better, I know, because I have beenwhere you are now, honestly. You won't believe me now because you are so low, but a lot of us have been where you are.  Let me give you hope and say I battled on, and I am glad I did.

• Posted

Hi Dianne,

we all care for each other here. I like yourself reply to people and rarely talk about myself ( there are time when I post to get advice from the vast knowledge thats in the forum ) I think i have spoke spoke with you when getting advice. I like you and many others am struggling with physical pain at the moment which is affecting me as well as a difficult divorce settlement which is cause lots of pain and frustration. I like to come on here as I am not judged and it helps me to help others too which does give me some postive boosts. I hope you get the treatment you need and start to feel better soon. Stay with the forum as it's a good support network and people like you are key to its success.

Elizabeth.

• Posted

Hit the delete then reply to quick, .

Elizabeth I hope you are ok to as your another rock to lean on in these forums and give such solid and empathetic advice

• Posted

Hi Jimmy, Thanks, we are all here to help and support each other. I am struggling today but it gives me comfort to know this forum exists. I hope your ok and i have read your posts in the past and you give good advice and show a caring nature. 

Best wishes.

Elizabeth.

• Posted

Amen to that, Jimmy.  I believe we have our trials and tribulations with whatever affliction we suffer from.  Because of this, we are able to pretty much look upon one another objectively therefore, no need to judge!  Anyway, we don't have that power to judge anyone, only our Lord has that power!

Sorry I jumped in and posted what I was thinking.  I hope you don't mind.  Also, I couldn't agree more regarding Elizabeth, she's wonderful!

Warm regards,

Frustrated

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.