I keep getting more symptoms, please help!

Posted , 3 users are following.

so ive posted on this page before, my mother died of heart arrythima and she was a bad alcoholic for a year before she died, thats what started my anxiety and its tearing me apart. im scared because i think i have what killed my mom. my symptoms are:

Heart beats fast when i panic

muscle cramps

muscle twitches

feeling tired alot

loss of appetite

loss of interest in doing things i like

shaking

panic attacks

shortness of breath

tightness and pressure in my chest

palpatations

hearing my pulse in my ear

ive been kindof dizzy everytime i turn my head or look up and down between things too quickly for the last couple of days

joint pains

my heart will beat 2 or 3 times then pause and beat 2 or 3 times again and pause over and over, and this happens on and off throught my day, sometimes it will be normal and sometimes it will do the pause, and som,etimes it picks up fast when i breathe in and slows down alot when i breathe out.

ive seen both a gp and a doctor and they both think its anxiety but im really not sure, i saw them before i got dizzy and alot of these symptoms are also linked in with heart arrythmias. ive been googling symptoms which i know is bad but still, i cant ignore this. ive had 1 ecg, my blood pressure taken twice, my bloods taken for a blood test, and my heart has been listened to by doctors 3 times and it all came back fine but it comes and goes and arrythmias are hard to detect so im still extremely unsure as to whether its anxiety or not, i will get more tests soon but untill then i am wondering has anyone else experienced all these symptoms or even the heart beat pause thing or the dizzieness for this long, thank you for taking the time to answer

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I have a strong suspicioion theres a lot about your moms health you were unaware of. The doctors examined and you are fine so acceot that. Im sorry about what occurred  with your mom im sure it was a very stressful experience. Are you in theraoy ? You went thru a lot having someone to vent to can be good and all your worries b ing released is nice and th therapist can give his inout as well. Its a win win for you.
    • Posted

ive started to see a councillor, im seeing her next on tuesday and she is excellent but no matter how much i relax or de stress my symptoms do not fade, i also forgot to mention that i jump up gasping for breath as it feels like my heart stops when i try going to sleep

• Posted

It is highly known that alchohol increases all health problems, (well most atleast), along with heart issues.. Your moms arrythmias probably got MUCH worse because of her addiction. I can understand your fear of this, anyone can.. But my question is before she passed (again, RIP to her), did you experience all of these symptoms?? Have you noticed more symptoms suddenly pop up a day or two after going on google? (by the way, stop googling!! Nothing good will ever come from it!!). Chances are, an EKG would pick up an arrythmia.. Theyre hard to notice, but as long as the doctor is properly trained, theyre not that hard.. Im telling you if you dont trust your doctors, get a new one. You need a doctor you can trust.. Ill say it again though, getting reassurance will not help.. I got even more info from my results of my tests today and Im sitting here wondering if they missed something. DO NOT let your mind get this far into this cycle.. You will constantly be wondering.. Doctors do not mess around with the heart. If they even thought they MIGHT have heard something strange, you would be sent to an ER or a cardiologist. arrythmia and anxiety symptoms are the same.. Almost identical.. Youre not going to die. I promise.
  • Posted

By the way the dizziness thing, its caused from the exact thing you said.. Turning too quickly.. Your body does not like that, and it temporarily messes up your balance. I promise that is absolutely nothing to worry about. I had it in the middle of the store with my 6 year old and i of course thought i was going to die in the middle of the store with my cart full of gifts and cake.. After causing a scene, i was told it was because the ear crystals (or whatever theyre called) get all off balanced when youre moving too quickly.
    • Posted

but ive never experienced this dizzyness before, thank you for the reassurance thought, its if i turn my head too quickly now i feel light headded and its been constant for 2 days now, its got me worried the most

• Posted

and to answer your question no it all really started a little after she died

• Posted

Yeah that's a clear sign it's anxiety and depression.. Symptoms wouldn't all of a sudden come on, you would gradually feel worse and worse.. As for the dizziness, completely ignore it, it's totally normal.. Also happens if I get too stressed sometimes. One way to not be anxious about the dizziness is to make yourself purposely dizzy.. Once your body realizes it isn't dangerous, it won't be as scared when it happens.. Just make sure you're eating and drinking enough as that might also be a reason you're getting dizzy.

• Posted

You've had tests which were all fine.

The anxiety is causing all these symptoms, Gary.

Love Tess xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.