I keep telling myself I'll never be happy no matter what

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello,

For a year now, I have been in a state which I still cannot identify nor comprehend, I'm in a mix of frustration, sadness and anger, I also imagine terrible senarios (some kind of Harm OCD), I keep obesessing about people I hold grudges on and associate them with everything around me (for example: someone I hold a grudge on loves litterature, everytime I see or read a book I get reminded of him/her which in turn prevents me from reading anything, a hobby that is important to me, it's absolute nonsense and I know it yet it cannot escape my mind).

I have been planning to study abroad in Europe because for a while I've been extremely disatisfied with my current life in terms of society and living conditions, and I was so sure that I'll be happy abroad and all that I mentioned above will fade away until someone told me that I shouldn't be so sure that I'll be finding happiness there and so I started telling myself that I will never be happy no matter where I go or what I do which is tormenting me to no end.

I know what I posted might be a bit confusing but there is so much stuff that are bothering me, can all this be put under one problem ? (Depression, anxiety...)

Any help is appreciated, thank you !

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I think you should definitely see a therapist who will be able to identify your problem.
    • Posted

Hey Anna, what is your opinion on this ? Going to a therapist has always been on mind but I really want to know what people think.
  • Posted

What you said about "harm OCD" shows you do have a serious problem. Its so difficult to shut out these invasive thoughts even if one wants to. You should get help with this.

Secondly studying abroad may be a good idea in the current scenario. A change of scene and new environment may help a lot. But again expectations should not be too high.

I strongly feel that we should all give ourselves a fighting chance at some sort of happiness or at least inner peace. If we persevere i am sure we can get there.

• Posted

Thank you, Anna, for sharing your opinion. I shall keep everything you said in mind.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.