I'm 19 years old, female & just been told I have Chonromalacia. Help?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I Had a car crash 2 years ago and ever since then ive had knee trouble in my left knee. Ive now been told I have this Chonromalacia. Anyone help me understand what this means? Will this stop me from doing normal things, what about work? I feel so upset and angry that this crash has caused this. How do you cope with pain? Any help? Thank you!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Shannon, please don't worry too much. Unless you like very energetic sports you should be ok. I was diagnosed with this when I was in my mid twenties after a very nasty car crash where I also had a compound fracture of the tibia and fibulla. With physio you should be fine. The knee problems I have had in later life stemmed from the breaks in my leg and that was because there wasn't the treatment that is available now. Meanwhile I have lived a full and active life including fell walking which I loved. Take advice from physios to strengthen your muscles and enjoy your life.
    • Posted

Thank you for your response smile

Its good to see that it doesn't have to be a problem. Is it classed as a disability? Think over thinking this isn't helping me. Worried if I was to get pregnant I wouldnt be able to walk properly. Just a question, dont answer if ypu don't want to... but was your crash put through court at all? Im 3rd party in this crash as I was a passenger. Just wondered if it effects the claim. Thank you xx

• Posted

It was in 1973 so that didn't really mean anything then as far as claims went but I should think(obviously I don't know) that you would have a claim against someone's insurance for pain and distress. Get legal advice on this. You shouldn't have any major problems when you become a Mum as physio should have done the trick by then. I certainly didn't and now I have a beautiful grandson with another due any day. Get legal advice with a letter from your doctors.
  • Posted

Hi Shannon

You poor girl.

I don't know anything a out this issue however I would suggest that you keep a check throughout your life on your Vitamin D levels.

All the best, Tracey

• Posted

Thank you!

its been hell the last 2 years after having this crash. Just want to get back to being normal. But it nice to have a name to what is caising my pain smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.