I'm 21, have to get my gallbladder removed on 13th, can I fly to Bangkok on 24th of this month?

Posted , 6 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

I'm 21 years old and I had been feeling strange abdominal and lower back pain since a week, but my condition got worse only two days back when I had high fever, vomiting and horrible back and shoulders pain. The doctor derived its a liver infection from the blood tests but also asked me to go for sonography. Sonography tests showed multiple stones in my gallbladder. So the doctor said I have to get my entire gal bladder removed. I can't think of a reason why this happened. Could it be my consumption of alcohol on weekends? Or me being low-weight? Or consumption of spicy and fried food lover the years? Please let me know in the comments below what you think. Anyway, I have been awaiting a Bangkok trip with my friends for two months now. Flight tickets, hotels are all booked and flights are non-refundable. Is it safe for me to go there for a week. (Bangkok and Pattaya) I will be eating outside food/ hotel food but would avoid spicy and greecy food and ofcourse, no consumption of alcohol at all. Please let me know what y'all think.

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

A good gastro surgeon is needed in your case to give you the utmost care due to your age. See if he or she knows about ursodioxycholic acid because it dissolved my stones at  75 years of age.  I have always been serious keeping fit & eating the correct things but some individuals are prone to gall stones because it is said on the whole to be hereditary.........  A very low fat diet can also cause stones due to the gall bladder not having to work enough to expel the bile acids that it is there to store.

It's an old wives tale but is it? whole lemon pulp and juice emulsify in 1/4 cup of very warm olive oil...

It is a vile drink first thing in the morning before anything else. Although it is a vile potion It flushes the gall bladder so the person must be quite near a toilet. When I condisended to try that I was very worried that a descending stone may become stuck & although I went through the process which is diabolical it did shift a few stones.  I then went onto the ursodioxycholic acid and in six months it dissolved three stones and reduce the biggest from 17 to 10mm.

• Posted

Update guys: Need your opinion urgently!

So I got my sonography reports done again to reconfirm the stones, and there are stones, but they're small 3mm stones which are not really causing me any pain. The joint pain that I was facing since a week is not the because of the gallstones. I asked a few doctors and they said you can't have constant lower hip, upper back and knee joint pain because of gallstones, and my pain in the joints + fever was the only reason I went to a doctor in the first place. In the procedure of doing all the tests we just happened to find out I have stones, but I have no pain in the abdomen region unless I press it. Is it still a good idea to remove the bladder? My rheumatologist said if it's only about the joint pain then wait for the infection results (we ran a few blood tests to see whether this is an infection and what kind of infection it is) and then take your decision. She said its no hard and fast you must remove the stones, wait for 2-3 months and see if they dissolve on their own. My question is, do they? Is it a possibility? Right now I'm not facing issues due to it, but is there a chance I might in the future? Ofcourse I'll take care of my health now on and cut down on fatty foods, is that a solution I could look at?

• Posted

Hi Aditi,  your gallbladder will continue to make stones.  They don't dissolve on their own.  I can't imagine why your rheumatologist told you that.  If you wait to remove your gallbladder, it will be crowded with more stones, and your symptoms will get worse.

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up