I'm 57, I've been period free for 6 months, now I have it again!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I'm 57 and have been period free for 6 months prior to this I had been period free for 9 months. Six months ago when it first came back they did endometrial biopsy and two vaginal sonograms. All came back clear. Now I have it after 6 months of being period free. I'm really nervous.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi 

You have to go without a period for one year to be considered in menopause sounds like your almost there just not quite yet I have a friend that her blood work says post menopausal she had a period in July and got one in January this has been happening to her for the last year and a half sounds like your ok! It just sucks when you think it might be over and it shows up! So you have to start again unfortunately let’s hope this is the last one and next March you tell us your in menopause 

• Posted

Hey hun... I.turned 59 in February. The same thing has been happening to me. I've been checked out too. Late meno runs in my family....yay.

I'm sure you're fine. I was worried too. Now I'm just annoyed.

• Posted

I'm 55 went three months thought Yay finally, but no I got it back.  When I was 53 I had it for 68 days, went to the doctor and had all the test, everything normal. On the plus side getting period got rid of the rosacia I had been experience. Silver Lining!!

• Posted

Thank you all for your responses. My doctor is suggesting a D&C. Is this something others have had done?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.