I'm 99.9% sure I have herpes but I don't know who gave it to me

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm a total wreck. I'm positive I have herpes and I'm terrified to go to the doctors today because I know what they're going to say. My biggest problem is my bf and I of 2 years just broke up and idk how to tell him. He told me he had a cold sore and noticed blisters on his genitals but at this time I just thought I had bacterial vaginosis. We've been on and off for the last 2 months and finally ended it but when we were off I had sex with my ex who joked about having an infection and now I'm scared that he was actually serious! Also I had sex with another guy who I know could definitely have something with the amount of girls he's been with and it was a dumb decision but I starting experiencing symptoms about a month before I was with him which leads me to believe I got it from my ex ex bf. BUT I do kinda remember my ex telling me he felt a cold sore coming on and I told him not to go down on me or kiss me but I feel like he probably did a few days later. I'm just so confused because he doesn't know I slept with those guys when we were on and off and I CANNOT tell him. I guess I really just need someone to talk to 😭

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I'm 18, by the way. Even more scared cause I'm on my moms insurance and I don't know how I'm going to tell her. She's going to be so ashamed of me I won't be able to handle it
  • Posted

Awwww feel for you but you should had got some protection or you should had told yr ex to get protection. Its always risky but you shoulf go to your DR to get best help and nextime you will know
  • Posted

It's a tough lesson to learn, that is for sure. Always use protection in the future. It isn't the end of the world, but you must do the right thing and tell future partners that you have herpes if it turns out that you do. If they leave you because of it then they wanted to sleep with you for the wrong reason. You shouldn't sleep with someone that doesn't care about you deeply. You will know if they do because herpes or anything else they will still want to be with you. Search for love, not sex. Getting sex is easy, finding love is much harder, but so worth the wait. Get to the doctor and get checked. You never know it maybe nothing. 
  • Posted

I agree with Craig. And, you are unlikely to find love through being easy with sex, men will simply regard you as another notch on their belt. Learn to respect yourself for who you are, not.how many men want you for sex - most will and then will find someone else. You will know when it's right, it'll be someone who cherishes you, makes you feel good about yourself and shows that you are important to them.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.