I’m a bit worried about coming off mitrazipine

Posted , 5 users are following.

so been to pychiatrist and she has recommended that i start to gradually come off my mitrazipine i am a bit worried because i have been on them 2 years and have gain nearly four stone will i be able to shift the weight once i am off as tried whilst on them the doc told me that they make you gain alot of weight so i was probably wasting alot of money on dieting stuff

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

just do your reduction in your medication very slowly. keep yourself hydrated try to sleep as best you can and eat well. The worst part about the coming

• Posted

good luck with your withdrawls i have found them one of the hardest to come off, was only on them 8months, gained two stone, and like yourself nothing would shift it!! been free of it 8 weeks, and still getting withdrawls now, however the weight has deffo shifted, took a good month before the scales moved tho,feel a whole lot better being off them now ive gone through the worst of it, i did it cold turkey after taking 15mg per day, not recommended!! good luck 🍀

• Posted

hi what withdrawls are you still getting? Also, have you taken any supplemennts or herbs to help with the w/d's?

• Posted

i still get awful waves of nausea, to the point im actually sick sometimes, weird brain zaps, me sleep pattern has settled down a bit now, they deffo hepled me to sleep, the feelings of nausea have by far been the worse, cant believe its still goin on afta all this time, i kinda dont understand it myself, as they will be totally out of my system now, the withdrawals actually got worse after around week three of cold turkey

• Posted

how much are you sleeping a night now? also at what week in your w/d's did the sleep start to return to more normal?

do you take any supplements to help with sleep? I'm at 3.5 mg right now, started at 7.5mg at the end of December and four weeks ago, started tapering the 7.5mg. Went to 5mg for two weeks, then to 3.5mg. Funny thing is i did really well from the jump 5mg to 3.5mg until the last couple days. Couldn't sleep on day 10/11 of 3.5mg, last night I was able to get some sleep, albeit, very broken up. I thought since I had no issues for 10 days on 3.5mg so I thought I could go to 1.5mg no prob. I'm now rethinking that, I think i should prob stay where I'm at for maybe a couple more weeks. I have not got any nausea yet, just the increased anxiety that comes in waves!

• Posted

my sleep pattern in the first 3weeks, wasnt great, was still managing to get some sleep, but very broken, so never felt refreshed in the morning, its better than it was, but tbh im not a good sleeper anyway, so i think its just gone back to my normal sleep pattern, im wearing myself out with excercise, so that helps!! also i did get butterflies in my tummy most of the time in withdrawls, a lot less now but they are still there

• Posted

you will get through it, some people get less withdrawls symptoms than others, you might be one of the lucky 🍀 ones, if you want to come off the drug, you have go through some type of withdrawal symptoms, maybe tapering off you will get less, i deffo have more anxiety since i came off it, trying to keep the moods and sadness under control with excercise, as i really dont want to try anything else atm,, as coming off mirtazipine has been so awful

• Posted

no i took nothing, nothing natural anyway. i always have lorazepam on hand to calm my anxiety or to help me sleep,, i try not to take them unless totally necessary as they build up in my system a bit and can make me feel a bit doped, they are also highly additive, so you would need more and more to get the same effect

• Posted

I was on 45mg Mirtazapine for over 11 years, I stopped fast slowly meaning I tapered down within a 2 month period. Was a bit shaky for a few days but to be honest I feel fine now. I am hoping the weight will come down, but I only stopped Mirtazapine few weeks ago.... so not sure about the weight as yet. But I have been craving less for cakes and so on 😃 I was on Mirtazapine originally for general anxiety disorder.

• Posted

see since i started taking them all i have been eating is carbs i had my son 5 years ago so a thought awk its probs baby fat but its not shifted whatsoever

• Posted

I've finally made the decision to try and come off mirtazapine, and will be visiting my Dr tomorrow. I've been on them for almost a year, starting on 15mg Increasing to 30mg. Really worried about withdrawal as I struggled for 3 months on fluoxetine and for 3 months after stopping. I'm not really sure if they've helped my anxiety, I was just willing to try anything at the time. The big issue for me is the weight gain, I'd lost almost 28lb , but since starting this medication I've regained 21lb! And it doesn't matter how hard I try other than a 1lb here and there the weight just won't shift. I eat a healthy diet and I'm quite active. So fingers crossed, I'm not expecting it to be easy after reading other posts, but it's reassuring that it can be done. Good luck to everyone on this journey!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.