I'm a disappointment

Posted , 6 users are following.

I don't know how to cope 

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Why are you a disappointment Rosie and what can't you cope with? Talking often helps
    • Posted

Everything, nothing I do is ever good enough I always fall short I try I really try to cope but every time i seem to pull it together something makes me break I don't know what to do anymore I've disappointed my family I won't ever be good enough for them honestly what's the point 
  • Posted

Hi Rosie, You have made a big step by asking for support confused
  • Posted

Hi Rosie,

Trying to live up to the expectations of others (even our nearest and dearest) can often be a losing battle. We can also sometimes hold ourselves to a higher standard of achievement which puts pressure on ourselves. In the midst of my suicidal depression (9 months and counting), I have learnt to treat myself with more compassion. It is easier said than done to ignore what other people think, so I won't tell you to do that (although it may help if you can). Treat yourself as you would a close friend. If others are not fulfilling your needs, don't give up on yourself - you can do a lot to restore your own self-confidence and self-worth. I read recently that we shouldn't place our happiness in the hands of others. I am learning to be less sensitive to comments received from other people. Don't let other people's opinions invalidate what you believe in yourself to be true. Please keep strong and keep in touch with us.There is a lot of support here whenever you need it. Big hug

Digsby xx

• Posted

Hey rosie... i think I understand a bit of what you're thinking... growing up i was always the smallest, the weakest, the least tallented, the one everyone had to slow down for just to keep up. I felt absolutely useless like nobody needed me and I thought that if i just weren't there that maybe everyone would be able to continue and succede at what they wanted to do without having to worry about me. After i realized these thoughts, i fell into a depression. Honestly i didn't even feel depressed. Not angry, not sad, not alone, just helpless and dissapointed in myself... I didn't want to die necessarily, nor did I want to live. i just didn't want to have to exist. After I finally made the decission to follow through with the former I was suddenly thrown into an array of situations that I couldn't leave unsettled, and because of that I had to force myself to get over my problems. If i was expendable, I told myself, then maybe I could at least be of some use. None of the situations have been resolved yet I've found that by helping them, I was able to help myself become the person who could help others, the kind of person I'd grown up both admiring and cursing. If you want to contribute to other people then first you have to help yourself. Find something within you worth saving and force yourself to do something, even if you're ready to collapse. Eventually You will find something in life worth hanging on to and equally as dependant of you. and Your family love and treasure you. and i guarantee you that you're not a dissapointment. no matter what anyone says there is always something salvagable. My father and grandfather were estranged during my grandfather's death and everyone involved regreted the separation afterwards. You can't afford to accept things as less than acceptable. because everything in life is worth you. and you are woth it. I hope you are able to get through this. If you ever want to talk, You can depend on me. 
    • Posted

Great advice Dale. I have given up on "existing" but in trying to resolve situations for the benefit of others, it keeps me going one day at a time. I know we can't permanently live just for others (because we have emotional/physical needs that we need to concentrate on), but it can get us through a temporary crisis and give us a purpose. The survival instinct is a strong one and the hope that things can and will get better can be a strong motivating force. i have a lot of regrets in my life but I think there is still time to leave a better legacy, a positive one. Never give up. Stay strong :-)

Digsby

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.