I'm beginning to change my mind

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had my single dose Zoladex and l posted my unwanted experience due to lack of information and knowledge. It's been 8 months now. I'm happy to inform the house that lve got my period back. In January, but not in February but had it in March with no pain, no flooding at all. I'm still hoping to have it continually. I feel a decrease in size around my abdomen and l believe the Zoladex did more good than harm as l thought and shared. 

I have decided to travel to UK to have the UFE this April when l had a call from a friend that her Fibroids have regenerated after 8 yrs of UFE and have rather doubled. She's asking me to reconsider having UFE and go in for hysterectomy because that's her option now. I'm not in favour of the hysterectomy and lm confused now. 

This initial decision is based on knowledge from this platform. It's been useful to me. There are no Radiologists where l live.

Im open to your advices. 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Edith

I have not had UFE but would consider hysterectomy to be a last resort and would just advise you to take your time before you decide. Why not research more into UFE before deciding after all everyone has different responses to treatment. Your friend has said that the fibroids have come back after 8 years !! 8 years is still a long time. It would also depend if you are close to the menopause and of course your experience may be different. If you were 8 years from that then it would not be such a negaive for you. Of course you need to hear from others who have had UFE and many write on these sites about it. I have no experience of zoladex but take it that you cannot take it intermittently longer term ? I have used esmya and that can give some positive results. It is working for me at the moment (ulipristal acetate 5mg daily, used 3 months at a time intermittently up to possibly 4 doses with 2 month gaps or even longer may be a possibility). These are important decisions, good luck with finding out more and about UFE.        

• Posted

Hi Shell,

Thank you so much. I knew there will be something useful from you guys. About the UFE, lve had much insight on this platform hence my decision. I think what l never considered was my age. I'm 48 and now considering that, l can make a good look at the UFE. Once again tnx Shell. 

• Posted

Hi Edith. I think the answer to your question depends on your age and how close to the menopause you are. I had UFE cos I'm 49 and I figured that by the time it regrew I would be past the menopause.hope this helps. Good luck
    • Posted

Hi Patricia. Thanks so much. I now have a solution to my dilemma. I didn't consider my age. I'm 48 and it seems close to menopause. My friend had hers when she was 40 yrs and l never considered that. I think l will still keep my appointment for the UFE in April ending.  Bless you. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.