I'm bit nervous about going back on citalopram...

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi,

I've had a discussion on here already, which was discussing my anxiety after I came off Citalopram.

Anyway I've finally decided to go see my doctor today and go back on 10mg of citalopram.

My anxiety has calmed down but I'm finally realising that I've not been right for about ten weeks and I can't cope with anymore days like this.

Originally I was on 20mg of citalopram for 7 years after my mum passed. I slowly came off it over a ) month period, but looking in now I should of stayed on it longer as I was tapering off. More like s year.

The other concern I have is I would likd to start a family at some point in this year... but even that has become an anxiety, coz I'm just anxious over everything.

I know it's not a great thing to be on tablets whilst pregnant- but I can't feel like this anymore, it's destroying me.

When I was tapering off I was on 5 mg for weeks and I felt great! More energy and it just took the edge off... so this what I'm

Planning to do in the long run.

I'm just reaching out to people, because I've notice my support here in my life isn't great, my family are not there even though they are aware of how I'm feeling. My bestest friend has been horrible to me recently about something trivial. I must say so my husband is being very supportive. But I don't want to lean on him all the time.

I feel like this is a point in my life where I'm building up that inner strength.

The first time I went on citalopram I just felt sick and a bit numb for a few days, I'm hoping that's all I'll feel because I'm fed up of symptoms 😥

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

I mean a 6 month period.
  • Posted

Angel,

I was in the same boat. I was on it before abdecided to come off of it, like you I weaned. But I realized I needed to back on meds. This is my secobd week of my second stint now. I do feel kind of bland, or numb. But after my previous experience it will go away. I'm only on 10 mgs now, but I'm also on buspar, 7.5 3x a day, which is annoying. But you will be fine, the symptoms are only temporary. Good luck and you'll be fine

• Posted

Thank you Brian, it's been about 12 days... the anxiety did increase but I feel better today, I know it's ups and downs though.

I think I would of felt even better but one of my closest friends has been horrible to me. So that sent my anxiety high.

But I'm settling down again, I'm just being patient 😄 Breathing exercises help when the anxiety rises

• Posted

Hi angel sorry to hear your having a hard time. Have you spoke to your doc about your baby plans? I'm sure they can Advise you accordingly. Sorry to hear you do not have good support. I'd be lost without my sister and close friend. I only joined yesterday and feel it's good to talk to other people who know exactly what your going through. Here any time if you want to chat 😃

• Posted

Thank you Elaine, it's good to know! smile

Yeah it's been about 12 days into citalopram, my anxiety has heightened.

But what has also heightened my anxiety is a few comments from my friend which were really hurtful. She made comments about my marriage (which there's nothing wrong me and my husband are happy as Larry!) she said she can't see us together and having children and a few other comments, this came out of no where. So I'm keeping my distance, but it has heightened my anxiety because she was so nasty. It keeps popping into my head and I keep telling myself to drop it.

I'm hoping for the citalopram to kick in soon! I've been on it before, they are brilliant.

Hope you are doing well!

X

• Posted

Sorry to hear all of that. It will get better with time. Do you take a Xanax as well??? I hope everything works out.
    • Posted

Hi Brian no never heard of them are they a bit like diazepam? Doc never gave me anything else! Feeling a bit better today so hopefully each day gets better thanks.
    • Posted

Anxiety is horrible and makes you overthink things. I know it's easier said than done but try and ignore your friends comments. You know you are happy and that's the main thing. I'm a bit better today just a bit anxious but I'm sure it will pass. Let me know how things go on the meds. I started feeling a good bit better after 2 weeks of increasing my meds x

• Posted

It's a rescue med, pill. It's like an inhaler for asthma. When you have an attack it helps calm you down.

• Posted

Are they prescribed by doctors ? Or can they be bought in shops?

Sounds brilliant

• Posted

They are prescribed by doctors. I live in New Jersey. I don't know the laws over there. But they do work for short period of time

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.