I'm depressed what should I do

Posted , 4 users are following.

My girlfriend well fiancé and I had an argument and I'm feeling horrible. I had a break down and all she did was stand there. I love her and she loves me but I don't know what to do. I want to go to a hospital to get away from everything. Hospitals seem to relax me. 

2 likes, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Bob - arguments in relationships are all part of the landscape. Why did you break down? Have you a depressive disorder, and if so, have you received treatment for it?
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi Bob,

If you are thinking about going to the hospital...........GO !

You sound like you are not coping very well right now ,the medical professionals are trained to help you sort things out.

You say you are taking treatment. What medications are you on and for how long?

I know from my own experience that sometimes our bodies can adapt to medications that were once very effective and suddenly they do nothing to help us. Perhaps you need to talk to a Dr about changing the medication or dosage, just a thought. I am not a Dr or medical professional just a fellow fighter.

Anyhow, keep up fighting this illness.

virtual hugs

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

What happened?  Please explain what you mean by a breakdown.  I don't know how to reply to your post without more info.  If I may ask, what did you argue about?

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Even if it's hard, tell her if you struggle with depression. Tell her you're feelings. If she truly loves you, she will except you for who you are and do her best to help you the way she knows how. Maybe she didn't know how to help you. I suggest telling her how to help you if these things happen again. Also,  fights happene every now and then. It sucks but they happen. I feel pretty bad when I get in fights with other people. We are here to support  you the best we can.

Best wishes, Zoe.   

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up