I'm freaking out right now!! Also does anyone take Venlafaxine?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I posted on here before but I started taking 37.5 mg of Venlafaxine last Tuesday and bumped it up to 75mg Saturday. My panic attacks have subsided some but I still feel this tightness and pain in my chest and my heart is palpitating and I feel a little out of it somewhat. It's like my brain wants to panic and give me all the symptoms of it but can't and only give me a couple. Which I really hope this is part of a panic attack I'm feeling because I am thinking I feel more normal but my brain won't stop racing and saying what if it's a heart attack or this or that. I have very bad health anxiety I think I have everything under the sun and was getting extremely bad panic attacks. Also if you read symptoms of something can your mind create those symptoms for you? Now I'm very tired but afraid to go to sleep because I think I'm having heart issues even though on Thursday I was in the er and they did an ekg and blood work and everything came back fine. What if it's real this time?? I'm going insane!! Can Venlafaxine cause some of this? Can Venlafaxine cause you to be really tired or is that because I'm worried?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Oh blessya yes your mind most definitely can create symptoms.. I know... I have it... im about to take meds for mine but I too have really bad health anxiety and worry about the risks of the meds also but want to get better...so its a catch 22.. my advise for you would be everytime you have it just think to to yourself if you had a heart problem something would have most definatly came up in the ekg and blood tests and try to keep busy. I find being around a family member who knows what I have and is very strong minded helps me when im at a low or panicked. Im not taking the exact same meds as you.. but my doctor had told me that the first 4 weeks of the meds can cause heightened anxiety.. maybe this is the case for your meds too? I think most people who have health anxiety think that exact same thought "what if Its the real thing" or "what if the doctors are wrong" but nothing is wrong hence nothing bad has happened to you.. we waste our lives constantly worrying about if something bad is going to happen to us and it never does it just a waste of our lives and its so draining just try to keep busy and relax easier said then done I know but take reasurrance that alot of people including myself have the same symptoms and thoughts as you and were all still fine smile I really hope you feel better soon xx

• Posted

if you are on too high a dose of venlaxfine then it may slow your heart a bit although it may appear normal to an outsider  If you are on the max dose then you need to speak to a psychiatrist.
    • Posted

I'm not on the highest dose I'm on 75mg extended release and it's calmed down now since I posted this. I'm starting to feel much better and not worry about every little thing that could go wrong with me.

• Posted

Also just went to the doctor yesterday and she did an ekg on my heart yesterday and my heart is perfectly normal and healthy.
    • Posted

This space you are in right now is the space you need to learn to take yourself to. There are many methods, and if you have scrolled around various discussionsin this forum, you'll find some that suit you. That's your "homework."lol

I'm glad you have gotten some relief...that is what the meds are supposed to do...calm us enough that we can think straight enough to help ourselves....that is how I got to this forum and these wonderful people. Stay with us, Marissa. We all learn from each other every day, Darlin' Girl.

• Posted

Yeah I'm accepting the fact it's health anxiety. Already knew I was a hypochondriac but my goodness didn't know it would cause all this stuff lol. I wake up each morning so I figured out I'm not dying when I felt like I would just drop dead. So I understand those feelings if they do come will go away as the day goes on now but so far haven't had that feeling since yesterday so I hope it keeps it up! Venlafaxine kind of gave me a cloudy mind at first and I freaked out because I felt as if I couldn't concentrate but as each day goes by that cloud is going away. I am coming back down to reality slowly.

• Posted

You are not alone, but you are also not unique!!!!!!! The most common and very first thing people who start a discussion here fear.....is their heart is in trouble. Even after test, after test, after test. We read this hundreds of times a week, every week.

Read through other discussions on this forum. I think it will help you a lot, Marrissa.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.