I'm going to try the 'natural' route and might keep you posted

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi ladies, 

I've been around the forums a bit the last few days as I have been feeling so rotten. Mostly moody anxious and so on. 

I think I've decided (probably what you all already know) is that mostly treating the symptoms as they come up is the best way. For e.g. I don't get hot flashes (yet). 

So I am going to try Vitamins and wondered if anyone was interested in my progress? 

I am currently suffering from moodiness, tiredness, aches and pains, not sleeping too great, dry itchy skin, crying spells, bloating, indigestion and crashing fatigue. 

I am going to start with the following: Vit B6 and B12 for the energy and moodiness. Flaxseed Oil, Evening Primrose Oil, Vit E. Vit C. 

I still have to add Vitamin D and Magnesium. 

I am not advocating that this is for everyone but thought it might be handy to give feedback? 

Also, perhaps open this to feedback for natural remedies that did help you so that others can try perhaps? 

I have started yoga and most days I try and walk a mile (at home, I have a video I do). I am also looking into soya too and soya products supplements.

Let me know if you are keen to contribute or and get feedback here. Thanks!

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Me too. Il follow.

ive been told over and over chaste berry and having looked at hundreds of testimonies of women gaining huge relief and resetting periods it seems a great way to go. 

But yes B vits, some fatty acids. vit d etc, sounds a great plan.

• Posted

Hi Callianne, I would like to know how you progress with this plan.  I take a multivitamin, but it does not contain as much of the B vitamins, C and D as is recommended for peri, based on what I've read, so I've started taking vitamin D supplements and am going to also start on B complex and C.  I have Crohn's disease as well, so vitamin absorption is an ongoing issue, and I have a lot of peri symptoms that might be helped by such a plan.  Keep us posted about your progress!
    • Posted

Thanks elizabeth, yes I saw that most of the multivitamins were quite low in B6 and B 12. I still haven't got to town to get the D but I suspect (from what I've read on these forums) that it will really help.  Please keep me posted too as to your progress. 

Vitamins also have to be taken with caution that is the tricky part, so I try and double check that they all agree with one another etc.  Thanks for your feedback.

• Posted

Exactly... I have to consider what is okay to have with my two Crohn's medications.  Hopefully, we'll both find good solutions!  Take care.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.