I'm having a hard time with depression right now , help?

Posted , 5 users are following.

so, since Thursday i felt very weird. Before Thursday i have been extremely weirdly happy. Not sure if it was because of my job or what. I've got switched to the bakery where I work on Friday and I hated it! Since  Friday i have been feeling horriable! I quit my job , my parents are very upset they won't talk to me or understand me. I have no support. Im sitting in my room all day ,not eating because I'm afraid to go out in front of them. I had a huge eposide yesterday and I don't feel right. I haven't been like this in a while ! I don't feel real guys, why? I'm taking buspar but nothing for my moods anymore. Should I contact my dr and tell her? Guys I don't know what to do I'm stuck! I'm hurting so badly. I'm 18!

3 likes, 8 replies

Report / Delete

8 Replies

• Posted

hi madistheword,

my family doesn't understand me, so they avoid me. it sure would of been helpful if they at least knew something about my mental illness. they dont want to understand. it really hurts that i can feel so alone,even when i am surrounded by them. you really need to eat some food. you have a right to take care of yourself. meds work better when you're not starving. if i were you, i'd definately call your doctor tomorrow. maybe your meds need changing. go and get some food and bring it back to your room. ignore your family. just for now. take care of yourself the best you can. dont let them make you uncomfortable.

hang in there. okay? i hope so

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

If you don't feel real it could be derealisation / depersonilastion which can be a symptom of depression and anxiety
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hey Madistheworld,

Well things stress pressure are building up it seems and that can definately unbalance you if you dont look after yourself. I think you should talk to your parents and tell them deep down they will want to help they need to know. Jobs come and go I would see your doc and explain how you feel this will put things into perspective with  everything else MAKE SURE YOU EAT!! its will get better ok!! hang in there wink 

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up