I'm in a tough situation

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been with my partner now for 2 year and at first everything was great but it started slowly turning sour he acuses me of looking at other guys when I'm with him or looking at his mothers partner and thinking I have a crush on him which I dont

he verbally abused me calls me every name under the sun. I have given him the world and more and he treats me like s**t. this has happened more then once and I have talked to his mother about it also.and she is well informed of the situation. I just need advice of how to tackle the situation and sort out the problem. thankyou

0 likes, 9 replies

Report / Delete

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Shameena,

Sounds like your boyfriend is becoming insecure and maybe is losing self confidence so feels the need to be controlling over you which is unacceptable.

Maybe you could talk to him about how things have changed over the last two years and ask if he knows why.

You deserve to be treated with respect and dignity at all times, accept nothing less and remind him of this . . .

Peace 🙏

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I have tried to speak to him about it but he seems to feel I am always I the wrong and when I try to resolve it he twists it and makes it my fault I did nothing wrong but he make me feel like I did

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi I wonder if your bf is a narcassist? Have a look online as there are some very good articles on it and also on YouTube. If you think he is then to be honest I don't see much hope for this relationship. Sorry to be so blunt but I have heard over and over again that narcissists don't see life like we do and cannot generally love. x

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

strange you say that hypercat hmm i am sccused of this! i'd put everyone else 1st, i sometimes do so much for others i don't care about me! narcissists think ONLY of themselves and spend all their time pulling others into their circle or talking about themselves.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

It's very common for a narc to blame you for their own faults so I am not surprised at this. Few narcs have much self awareness enough to consider themselves narcs and to try and get some help.

You need to recognise that your needs are very important too and sometimes they have to take priority. Look at those YouTube videos and google so you will learn to recognise the games they play with your mind and to deal with them. x

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

but i am unsure and little scared NOBODY else has ever mentioned narcissism, now it's on my hospital notes and i don't know how much further they will go

am i not allowed ANY happiness?

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

What do you mean on your hospital notes? Who is it who tells you that you are a narc? if it is your bf then he is accusing you of what he is. This is also very common. x

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

im so sorry you are in this situation Shameena. Your partner is unlikely to change (from my own experience) and he will eventually make you believe it really is all your fault. if you can, I would end the relationship before it destroys your self confidence, self belief and self worth.

i understand that ending the relationship could be difficult but you deserve so much better.

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up