I'm in serious pains. Both rt n lt sides under rib cage burns like hell.

Posted , 5 users are following.

The scans indicate empty gallbladder, healthy liver, kidneys n others. Hv had an endoscopy, IVU X- ray. All seem to be well. But d pains are unbearable. Frm both sides under rib cage down to waist, back, abdomen. Im in Africa, d economy isn't smiling over here. I will appreciate some views n probably help pls.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

You may have some stones or sludge stuck in your bile duct. Have they checked that? If that is the case, you may also have acute pancreatitis which would explain the pain across your entire abdomen and back. Ask to have your amylase levels checked. They need to be between 0-164. This is what happened to me and I have no made a full recovery. Best of luck. 
    • Posted

Thanks Jim. Did you hv any op done after discovery d cause of ur pain? I hv had this pain for more than 3 yrs now. Few times I hv passed out. I had a serious attack 2 days ago n ended up in the emergency, a scan showed nothing. Was given pain killers n asked to go back tomoro. I really need some desperate measures to get to d root of this.
    • Posted

Hello Eshireta, 

I’m sorry to hear you are in so much pain. I did d have an operation to remove my gall bladder. It was about 2 years after my first symptoms. It sounds like you really need to seek other medical advice as it Doesn’t seem they are looking in the right places. 

• Posted

Seems that's what I will do. The health care system here isn't working as it ought to. Both private n govt. health care facilities are just after maximizing their profits, while undermining d underlining factors of saving lives. I will basically demand for my bile duct n pancrease checked next time I visit d hosp. Thank you once more Jim for sharing with me. Will sure kp u posted on updates.

• Posted

I have. Gallstones but lately been getting a lot of burning my stomach turns out I have a ulcer aswell 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.