I'm lost

Posted , 5 users are following.

im 14 years old & I live in a loving home but were struggling with money, I have no talents & I don't know what I'm going to do in the future, school is difficult, my friends are slowly backing away from me & I want to just end it, I don't want to tell my family or doctors because I don't want a big deal to be made but I also can't carry on this way

2 likes, 7 replies

Report / Delete

7 Replies

• Posted

What's going on for your friends to back away? 

And why are you contemplating what your thinking when you are so young and have all your life ahead of you?

19 years ago I was made homeless and had so much debt it's untrue, and very few friends. 

But fast forward to today and I have a home, money and a big circle of friends. Yes I still suffer from depression but am able to control it better. But we don't know what's round the corner and how things can change for the better 

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I know I'm only young & people are having bigger problems around the world but I just feel like I put in so much effort with everyone & I get nothing in return, my friends constantly fall out with me & then when it's my turn to be sad they leave. I'm sorry to hear about your past but I'm delighted to see that you've improved your life Aswell 

I've never had depression before & im trying to put off the idea of having it now but I've never gone through this much sadness & sometimes it's unexplainable.im a sensitive girl but I build up a front at school, I'm the joker of our classes but inside I feel totally the opposite 

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

The future can seem very scary but you are young & have so much potential - you don't need to work out the path ahead right now. I didn't know what I wanted to be when I was your age. I didn't know where my strengths lay but I focussed a lot on my weaknesses, which wasn't helpful. I also felt like ending it all (and all these years later, I still sometimes do). That feeling is a kind of safety net, a very last resort, but acting on it will leave a lot of pain & suffering for those you leave behind. They'll always ask themselves what they could have done to save you. Please take the step to save yourself. It's brave for you to open up to us hear. We all want to help you but we can't see you & give you the practical support you need right now. We do care about you and want you to keep sharing with us about how you feel & how you are coping. I understand you not feeling comfortable in sharing with your parents & family but losing you would be an unbearable burden for them. Do you have a kind teacher or school counsellor whom you trust? They would treat what you share with them with strict confidence. You are a unique young lady. You may not have discovered your special talents yet but they are there beneath the surface to flourish. Give yourself the chance to grow & become special. It's OK to wear a mask to fit in - many of us go through life like that. You can keep that mask up until you feel confident to be yourself more. The mask can protect us, so don't feel too bad about it. Keep talking to us here online. We're not going to give up on you so please be strong & don't give up on yourself. Sending you hugs x

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

thank you so much, it's nice knowing that I've got someone experienced to talk to. 

I don't have many teachers that I can trust but there's a school helper that I would of talked to but she left our school. I'm glad to know that I've got this to come to if I ever feel down

thanks for everything digsby x

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hello himani so glad that you have written to us!! I am Diane the oldest of 7 children. Priar to age 12 I was the oldest of 4 children and my mother divorced my father and remarried a man with 3 children.  We were very poor when I was very young and I mean poor. At age 14 I finally started having friends but my home life was abusive with no support. I think I can understand at least to some extent some of your feelings. Since you have a loving home could I ask why you don't want to tell your parents how you feel?? I started a pattern  of holding things in at your age and it made things so much worse. I think you should tell them. Try trusting them we will be here to support you. Will you keep us posted we care very much. One more thing I promise you that you have talents I didn't think I had talents until I was 30 all the time I had too many to count. Bet you have more than I have😊. Diane

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

It means so much hearing different people's perspectives & past experiences

I love my mum & dad however they've spilt up & my step dad & I don't really get on but I trust my oldest sister, she's 16 so we're quite close in age, I'd go to her for anything but I don't really like telling people about my feelings, I feel awkard or like I'm over reacting.i don't like being the center of attention . 

thank you Diane & it's nice to know that you've been through the same thing as me to an extent & youve managed to come out the other end. can't thank you all enough !

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Oh himani I so love what digsby said to you. I can hear the love and wisdom coming from her heart. See how we all love and want to support you!! Listen to digsby and all us sweethear! Diane
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up