I'm lost with my life at the moment. How long will I feel like this?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello,

I am new this site. So don't really know much about going about it.

I have suffered from anxiety and depression since I was a child. I've been on and off meds due to life going up and down constantly. I've been through a lot of negative/depressing events in my life that have fueled my anxiety and depression. At the moment, I am lost with my life. On the outside, people see me as a confident, strong, healthy person who can do anything. however honestly, I am an introvert who becomes negative easily and who is hard on herself. I guess I've been down lately because its been 3 months that my ex dumped me in such an abrupt, a*shole way despite our good relationship. In addition, my health problems (severe psoriatic arthritis since 18 now 24) have been worse the past half year so I'm constantly in pain despite the medications I'm on to treat that. Work and all my commitments in life used to be manageable but now I can't handle the stress anymore. I'm at the point that I feel like a mirror that shattered and I'm trying to pick up the last few pieces of me. Going to therapy, counseling and being on meds again hasn't helped much. I try my best to be around people and keep busy but lately I don't feel comfortable around people. I've lost trust in people because of the hurtful stuff said about me. I feel like I've become a very agitated person at time and that's not me. I don't want to let my anxietyand depression make me become a monster but I feel it has. I just want people to hear me out.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hey aileexjk,

I am very sorry that you are feeling so down.

You wrote that you suffered from depression since being a child and I could imagine that maybe it feels as if you never really were happy the way a child deserves.

You probably feel like there is no hope left and that you 'failed' as a person.

But you don't. It's never easy to have a friend that struggles with mental disorders, and maybe they said hurtful things about you because they were frustrated that they couldn't help you.

Its always easier said than done, but maybe try to look around for other people, even if it is just on the internet..

But you will find people that give you the distance and at the same the support that you need.

Depression and anxiety may have changed you, but they will not turn you into a monster.

You are still young and you do not need to prove yourself,neither to yourself nor to other people.

I know live can suck and it can feel as if there were no turning point, but I am certain that you are a lovely person and you should fight for yourself.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.