I'm not happy..,

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm not happy.

I'm really trying to be happy.

I'm taking my meds (gabapentin 150mg and diazepam).

I'm not able to get any counselling or psychology appts at the moment as I've had my allotted amount, I'm really struggling since the talking therapies have ended.

I feel very very agitated, not sleeping as usual, and just seem to either be unbelievably hyperactive/restless or very sleepy.

I've had to move closer to my "trauma" site that happened so long, for reasons beyond my control, and I didn't think it'd effect me too much, but every time I drive past the place I feel sick and dizzy and like I want to drive my car through a brick wall.

I just can't seem to get a hold of myself.

It's like repeatedly striking a match and it not lighting. I'm trying so hard. I don't know what else to do?

I just want to feel at peace. Xxx

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Could you talk to your doctors and see if you can get your counseling sessions reinstated?
  • Posted

Did someone pass away?
    • Posted

Yeah my grandma died, my uncle is dying and I was carer to them both.

Currently carer to my disabled partner.

No help from his family.

My "trauma" as it seems to be labeled was me being beaten to the extent of brain contusions... I didn't get any justice as the person who did it was underage and from a troubled background so the CPS couldn't take it further.. Despite police involvement etc,

I have to wait 6 months until I can next get counselling sadly despite being classed in the severe range for depression and anxiety.

There just isn't enough funding I guess.

But where does that leave me?

xxx

• Posted

I am sorry that you have to go through this. Anyone in your family that you can talk to? How is your partner disabled?
    • Posted

They all know about everything they just assume I can deal with it, despite me saying otherwise.

He had a botched spinal surgery, he was about to join emergency services whilst doing his degree and part time job, surgery went wrong.

He's in his mid 20s, used to do martial arts and boxing, now I have to help him get his socks on, wash, eat, and he's facing his future in a wheelchair.

Seems so unfair, but I guess that's life?

xxx

• Posted

I love him more than I ever dreamed possible.

Friends since we were 16/17..

Together as a couple for 7 years.

He's the most perfect man for me.

Doesn't make things easier but I do count my blessings!

Xxx

• Posted

Hi audrey, there are normally organisations in help carers ie they have one to one contact and sometimes help you with giving you a break from caring so that you can either have time out for you or go shopping etc.You have a computer so type in your browser (llttf) it will help. I am a friend of Dr Chris Williams and he is really funny. He will make you laugh, he really understands life as you know it. Just talk to him. He will put you right. Best regards Peter.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.