i'm not really sure what to do? - anxiety

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi, im 18 years old about to do my A2 exams and i'm feeling the pressure. I have had Panic attakcs before, but never like this. i've not been going into sixth form which has caused riffs with my mum, bringin up old arguments between my mum and dad. I genuinly have reached a point where I don't really know what to do? i can't keep having these attacks, i can't keep missing school and surly i can't mess up any more. i'm already letting my family down and the school down, someone help?

0 likes, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

• Posted

Does the school have a counselor you can talk to? School can be stressful, especially exams. But you know this stuff. You can do it!! Talk to your parents and explain what is going on. I am sure they would rather help you than argue with you. Be honest with them. Find a Therapist. And get back to what you have worked so hard to do. Good luck!!
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

my daughter use to get panic attacks when she got stressed out in Math class. Her councilor worked very well with her about it and was able to help. Maybe your school councilor will be able to help you. I hope your parents already know about your panic attacks and can help you also get through this. I have them and you can feel so alone when your going through it even when people are there with you must less trying to do this alone.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Honestly what seemed to work for me was listening to stress relief music I would sleep great when I would listen to it you can search on you tube they have great ones. Also when I felt anxious I would drink a chamomile tea to help me relax. & counseling also helped me.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Prehaps speak to the school and ask if you can do it seperatley in a small room, that helped me at uni.
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up