I'm not sure if this is anxiety or something else

Posted , 3 users are following.

Okay, so starting out, the issue i am having usually only happens at night as im trying to fall asleep. it really happens during the day. my stomach and chest feels like they are full of butterflies. they feel queasy, but not in a excited way, more so in a scared way. the feeling you get if you were in the woods in the middle of the night alone with no light and heard something coming towards you. that kind of queasy feeling. sometimes its so intense its almost unbearable. i also get these shocks of being scared. like the feeling you get when someone jumps out at you from behind a door. it makes my stomach burn and my heart starts to race momentarily and i can feel the blood in my neck as my blood pressure rises, reacting as if i was in immediate danger. then my body goes back to normal for about 10-20 minutes before another episode. usually when i have one of these episodes, i am up all night until i finally pass out from exhaustion. like i said, this happens almost always at night and it doesnt happen every night, but it is getting more frequent and it usually doesnt start until im tired ajd ready to go to sleep. its a miserable feeling and im not sure how to talk to my doctor about this. please tell me that there is someone out there who understands what im going through and knows how to deal with it.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

rarely happens during the day****

• Posted

I think it,s anxiety, I am going though internal vibrations at the moment, rapid heart beats, cold band around stomach feeling,plus other things, they happen as soon as I wake up, and have it on and off all day, trying a low dose of Citalopram, day 6, no different yet ,

• Posted

i will be speaking with my doctor soon. hopefully she can point me in the right direction.

• Posted

Hi Lionman im sorry you are going through this. It sounds like you are having panic attacks. I have a feeling you are getting them at night when you are trying to sleep because everything is quiet and that is when most people with anxiety start dwelling on things and their minds start racing with thoughts over and over. Well thats what its like for me. I have weird sensations come over me out of the blue even when I dont feel anxious. Because if have had anxiety for so long i am now in a heightened anxiety state all the time even when I think I feel fine. I can be watching a show and all of a sudden my heart starts racing and I have this overwhelming feeling that my heart is going to stop and it washes over and over me until i finally calm down. Try to stop watching tv or be on your computer or phone at least an hour before going to bed. Maybe you can try listen to soft music or relaxing sounds and breath deeply from your stomach not your chest. Do the 5,6,7 technique. Inhale for 5 hold for 6 exhale for 7. It calms me down. I also think that you are getting them at night and they are becoming more frequent because your mind remembers that this is the time you have a panic attack so therefor you keep having them. Once when I was stopped at the lights i had a panic attack and then every time i stopped at these same lights i would have a panic attack. Memory can be a terrible thing at time especially when you have anxiety. Please do talk to you Dr or see a psychologist as they can help you with coping strategies. I hope this has helped you a bit and dont hesitate to talk to me if you need to. Take care.

• Posted

thanks for the advice. i plan on talking to my doctor. hopefully its something i can get past quickly.

• Posted

Hi Mrs Susan I havent taken meds for years as they never really worked for me. I am now trying natural remedies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.