I'm on 150m per day and been on it for 6 months. I take it for night sweats and minopos I'm 51.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Does anybody take it for minopos? I feel like I'm been shocked alor. I want to go to a lower dose but they are 150m capsules. .I hate that feeling.what can I do?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

HI. I didn't have it for menopause but it shocks me they give it for that. My best friend had it and I told her to get rid!

I had it for depression and anxiety and I had night sweats from it! I woke up wringing wet on occasions and I know about the shocks. It's to do with the effect on nerve impulse transmission. I'd get it in bed and jump like I was electrocuted. It used to wake me and my hubby up.

Amitiptiline is better for sweats. Not ven. It's an extreme response to a problem.

• Posted

Iv never heard of this medication being prescribed for the menopause. Plus this tablet makes you have night sweats so I am rather confused as to why you take this. You would normally take a HRT (hormone replacement therapy) for your condition that you are experiencing. X
  • Posted

It does come in 75mg capsules. Going from 150 to 75mg you may have some withdrawal.
    • Posted

H,I , I'm going to see my doc again but what are the wirhdraws. The shocks just freak me out..and when my heart just race's. .

• Posted

Hi Nikki, the withdrawals for me were horrible. I had sever anxiety, diarehha, vomiting. I ended up weaning off of it and it took 3 months. Now that is me, you may experience nothing who knows. There are alot of discussion threads on here with people going through it. I personally would suggest slowly weaning from 150 to 75 if that is what you decide. I had to open the capsule up and count the beads. I did it in quarters.My doctor had no idea about the withdrawals but my pychiartrist did and he really helped me come off of it. It takes committment though. 
    • Posted

Hello..you said you had to count the beads . But then how did you swallow it? Did you put them back into the capsule? I know it's time released and just want to get off this..thanks
    • Posted

Yes I counted them and then out them back into the capsule. You can also get empty capsules from the pharmacy if you want to keep the extra beads. I had a baggy of 1/4 of the ipills, baggies of half pills for when I got down to less then one pill.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.