I’m really scared of hiv

Posted , 5 users are following.

About 18 days ago i had a blood test i went to laboratory and the person who was talking blood test was sitting in a chair and working on computer after registration my name he asked me to another room for taking blood he never washed his hands and never wear any gloves and took my blood and the alchole pad was also touched to his hands i don’t know how much about cleanses of his hands if the blood of another patient was in hand is it possible to spread hiv to me?

Guys reply to me and give me your opinions guys I’m really worried 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Provided the needle was clean you wont have caught HIV from this.
    • Posted

I think you are panicking and getting a bit obsessive. Any health worker would wash their hands after they had touched a patient. Then they would not need to wash again before touching the next patient.
    • Posted

while this is unsanitary... just touching a needle would not be a way to transmit HIV. the virus does not do very well once it is outside of the body anyway. do not panic and /or let anxiety take over for a non-risk event. 

• Posted

HIV is only powerful inside the body. Outside the body, it's just as weak as - perhaps among the weakest - any microbe out there. The most important thing here is the needle. If s/he used a sterile and brand new needle, then relax; there's nothing to worry about. Hey, don't work yourself up; life is too short.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.