I'm ruining my life

Posted , 9 users are following.

So to anyone who reads this....thank you.

Lately I've been having some problems, and I mean big problems. I feel so overwhelmed because of my anxiety, and it's honestly so upsetting I don't know how to deal with it. I honestly feel crazy and not normal because I have anxiety and I can usually hide it really well but everything sets me off especially lately. I was in school today and I just got so frustrated because of it that I had to leave the classroom and go somewhere else and I literally hate myself. I don't know how to deal with it anymore and it's destroyed everything. I'm not even shy but it makes me closed off, awkward, and quiet. I don't know how to deal with it anymore without losing my mind cause and I can't see a therapist. What do I do?p

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Exercise helps me when I am way too anxious, I read somewhere that physical exercise not only increases your endurance level but also helps you get rid of stress hormones.

Try it ....it works for me.

Also make a routine of doing breathing exercises, belly breathing is good for anxiety.

• Posted

Anxiety is a LIE that your brain tries to us to trick you into believing something is truly wrong when there isn't a damned thing wrong that you can't logicly overcome on your own. On the flipside of it, its also extremely hard to look past it when it hits you hard.

Friend..... listen to me and listen close. I've only been dealing with anxiety for a very short time, a matter of months to be honest and its been one of the most frightening phases of my life. Random headaches and OCD thoughts that come out of nowhere, my heartrate going though the roof for no reason what so ever even when I'm calm. I'm telling you now that you're not alone but there is some good news I can give you.

The good news is you're NOT going crazy believe it or not. Right now whats happening is your brain is just completely overloaded and is having an extremely hard time coping with the pressure anxiety is forcing it though. Your mood, thoughts and other actions are a result of that. The fear you're feeling is a result of that as well. You said you can't see a therapist...well there are ways around that but it wont be easy.

Talk to someone you trust the most. This is importent because anxiety preys on the feelings and fears you keep bottled up inside and it releases it on you all at once like a speeding freight train. Talking to someone you trust will help release some of those bottled up feelings and give anxiety less to feed on. Exersize is also importent. Anxiety forces your body to produce a TON of adrenaline which will lead to headaches and cause you to trigger feelings you didn't even know you had which will drive you deeper into the dark hole you are currently in. Walking, running or just simply working out will greatly help with that.

This is a long hard road friend....a very long hard road but there is hope and you can and will recover from this BUT you need to look for ways to calm yourself. Because if you can't then anxiety will rule you forever. You can beat this but know that there is no easy way to do it.

• Posted

This is really good advice ^

Hi Jana,

I've also only suffered with serious anxiety for a few months but man it hit me like a train, severe, constant, hell on earth. I had no idea what was happening, I visited the ER, had an EKG because one of my main physical symptoms was chest pain but every time they told me I was completely healthy which I couldn't believe because I was convinced something serious was wrong with me.

I was having panic attacks that lasted for days on end with my heart rate skyrocketing for hours, it was exhausting, I just wanted to be me again, I'd become emotionally numb except for my fear. I was scared to sleep because I was scared I'd die in my sleep or something, I only slept once I passed out.

I stabilize myself with an antidepressant, Lexapro 10mg, but there are people who get through this with things like meditation or exercise. Whether you go the medical route or not you shouldn't expect results immediately, like John said, this is a long journey but you're not alone, there are many of us traveling this path, some further along than others who are there to cheer you on!

Things do get better, take it from me! :>

• Posted

How old are yo jana ?.

If you are feeling so distant and unable to talk to those around you it may be an idea to talk to your Doctor, although we cannot be the life and saul of the party all the time and on occasions we will step back and just listen. I was very much like this I preferred my own company and sometimes my Peers felt I was stand offish.

You need to listen as well as contribute. It takes a wise man to listen and consider a sharp sensible reply

BOB

• Posted

Yeah I know how you feel . I go through this almost everyday since July . My anxitey is terrible heart pounds , head pains , muscle pains I'm on vacation and Floridia and I can't even enjoy it all I wanna do is go home because I feel so messed up ... I don't know what to do either and no medicine works for me so I feel screwed

• Posted

You must keep talking to yourself and say I am not getting anxious over this, Just look objectively at your problems, write them down and then try and write  down the solutions.   Say to yourself - I am in charge of my emotions and I am going to tell my brain to shut up - be the boss.   Try Ruby Wax,s book, Sane New World, knowing you are not along will help.
  • Posted

What about talking with a friend or family member. Someone at church if you go to church . I was going over board and I had to go get some counseling it can also be a counselor .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.