I'm scared that i have something really bad like cancer :(

Posted , 4 users are following.

i have been having a problem with my ear for the past 5 months i keep getting a ear ach on and off each week somedays its bad somedays i can deal with it i have seen 4 different doctors and they say my ear is all clear and there is nothing there. i can feel a lump at the back of my ear right under just near my bottom jaw bone i dont know if its my anxiety that is making me feel like its somthing bigger than it is or if it is and am not being paranoid im just sick of having to worry and pretend am ok and thats its not affecting me when deep down thats all i keep thinking about. has anyone els had somthing the same or am i just being silly and making it bigger than it really is am just really sceard about it now 

2 likes, 7 replies

Report / Delete

7 Replies

• Posted

Natalie, that lump sounds like your glands.  Have you had blood tests for Glandular Fever or for anything similiar?  I just thought of that because my nine year daughter has been quite ill this year with Glandular Fever and her glands were blown up in the area you are talking about.  A quick blood test won't hurt and at least it would allay a lot of your fears.  Don't think for a moment you are being silly, you know your own body best.  
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

No nothing the last doctor told me just put some olbas oil on that was all I'm just so scared that it is something bigger. I will ask my doctor I have to see a doctor again this month but just if he sends me away again just going to be worried 😞 thank you for your reply it has made me think it could be something els but like I said before it's always there the big c word in my head all the time.
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

The lump you are describing could be your hyoid bone which is a normal bone in your neck. The symptoms you describe sound exactly like anxiety. Given that you have seen four different doctors and they have all said the same thing, it does confirm it in a way. Have you spoken to your doctor about getting some help with your anxiety?x
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I know what you mean I feel so silly going to the doctors all the time I really do but iv got it drilled In to my head that it's something. Bigger and I did use to take tablets for my anxiety and I did have to take sleeping tablets to help me sleep because I don't sleep much too i didn't won't to take tablets all my life so I just stopped taking them silly I know but i was ok for a year now everything has just all come back at once and I'm so scared x
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

hey I know exactly how you're going through, been feeling the same way myself for the past 5 months! In my case, it first started after emergency surgery last summer, and has been going on ever since. I've been feeling loads of lumps and bumps all over my body, but everybody is telling me that it was always there but that I'd just never noticed it.

May I ask, how big is your lump? If it's smaller than a pea, it is probably nothing to worry about. Also, if it bothers you, have it checked out, just to be on the safe side.

Hope you feel better soon!

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Oh I'm sorry to here that hope your ok and feel better soon! I have one in both ears but the left ear is fine and the lump is normal to me I think and the right ear feels a little bit bigger and my ear hurts it goes away will painkiller it comes on and off and I have seen 4 different doctors they all said its fine but for somereaon I'm not sure something is making me doubt them and why would I always have this pain if nothing is there then why is the pain thank you for your comment any help is highly appreciated thank you x
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up