I'm scared to of sudden cardiac

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hey I'm Demi I'm scared if sudden cardiac arrest ever happen I' have bad anxiety I'm scared cause I don't want to die ??

0 likes, 33 replies

Report / Delete

33 Replies

• Posted

Sweet heart you are not going to die. You have palpitations because of anxiety and now you are aware that your heart misses beats and flutters you feel them even more! Before you felt these you had them and didn't even know, everyone has them every single day we are just the unlucky ones that feel them! Maybe research ectopic heart beats anxiety symptom. There's loads of stuff about it, you won't die. I was the same as this last year now I'm getting to grips with the anxiety I know I won't die, and neither will you. Just relax all this worry will only make your anxiety symptoms worse x

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

It won't! It's your anxiety take some time to chill out for a bit have a laugh. I got my results last week my heart is fine, since then the palps have reduced massively! And when you realise yours is all anxiety yours will too. You can't die from these palps only if there's a problem with your heart, but there isn't so do not worry. Our nervous system is sensitive therefore any emotion or slight threat to our fight or flight response will set them off. Just think of it as a way your hearts letting you no it's still beating think of it positively xx

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Darling, this is your second post about the same problem.

There is no reason at all for a healthy young woman to die suddenly from a cardiac arrest.

You've had tests and your heart was normal. Where is this fear of death coming from? I believe that you need to work that out before you can get over this terrible anxiety.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

If you go in to cardiac arrest it's most likely you'll be in a comba for a few weeks and wake up all drowsy. You won't die

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I have to honest and disagree with SianDent.

If people go into cardiac arrest, even in an ICU with expert doctors and nurses immediately available, the chances of surviving the cardiac arrest are very, very small. I think programmes like ER make it seem that people are always going into cardiac arrest and that the staff usually succeed in resuscitating them.

I'm not telling you this to frighten you, Demi.

Your friend who died from dying was obviously under the water for too long.

In all deaths, from whatever cause, the heart stops beating. This is not cardiac arrest as such - it is just a dying patient (usually elderly) coming to the end of their life. 

Have you any idea where these terrifying thoughts came from,

Demi?

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

But surely you can rationalise this as an unusual event - or maybe you can't. It's extremeley traumatic for a young girl to go through that.

Try, if you can, to make sure you see this girl's tragic  drowning as having nothing whatever to do with you.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Honey, death comes to all of us, eventually. I'm worried that a young lady as you are is so panic-stricken by the thoought of dying.

Can you talk to your mom and dad?

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Yeah I talked to my mom she told I will be fine she says it my anxiety I'm overthinking it and my mind is so focus on it that it make it feel real she said if I'm heart wasn't beating I wouldn't be standing xx

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I had a 5 day heart monitor on a couple of weeks ago I had to log when I felt palpitations, the cardiologist said that when I logged that I'd felt palpitations my ECG was perfectly fine and I hadn't had any palps at the time I thought I had. And there was times I had had some but didn't even realise. Our minds can play awful tricks on us. When you feel it coming tell it that it won't beat you not today not any day! And trust your mum and us lot we have all said anxiety the sooner you realise and accept that the sooner your life will return back to normal. Acceptance is key it's an anxiety symptom accept it as that and nothing more smile x

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Demi, you have got fight through this. You've had tests done and your heart is fine.

There is no reason in the world why your heart would stop beating in your sleep, darling. Try to focus on something else. love Tess

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

It can and it certainly does, I'm still struggling myself but it's come to the point where I know I have to regain control otherwise I would be scared forever. I know for a fact I have wasted almost a year worrying, a year that my child was born and should have been one of the best in my life. Please don't do the same get control tell the palps to get lost and go about your daily life don't sit dwelling and googling about your symptoms it's pointless and will keep your anxiety high instead look at some funny videos online or watch a comedy have a laugh with your family like old times its your head that's controlling your heart right now you have to break this cycle by stopping stressing. I reccomend camomile tea or really helps you to relax smile x

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

It's because you are anxious just lay or sit comfortably and take nice deep breathes try to relax every muscle in your body. It will pass don't be scared x

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up