I'm so scared..

Posted , 4 users are following.

ive had a tension headache that comes and goes everyday for the past 4 months... I worry that it's a brain tumor but I've gone to my doctor twice, the ER once and my psychologist and they all say that it's not a tumor and that it's just anxiety and my depression working together to make me feel this way..it's a really annoying feeling that's mostly on my left temple and in one point on my neck near the base of my head. It scares me and I cry everyday because I'm so scared..

1 like, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

You're not alone! I get tension headaches due to my anxiety, sometimes they will come and go for days at a time and be worse either in the morning or evening. The muscles in your neck tense up, this will put strain on the muscles in your head, so you can experience pain in your jaw, temples, scalp and have a heavy feeling in your eyes. I get it quite a lot, I find ibuprophen gel works nicely on the neck, or any anti-inflammatory gel for that matter. I know your pain all too well with not believing people,  I don't even believe the doctor most times! But please belive me, as a fellow sufferer, everything you have said is typical of anxiety, I've been down the tumour route many times, and lived in fear of it. Try and ground yourself, take a moment to breathe or have a cup of chamomile tea and process the knowledge you have; you know anxiety causes all of your symptoms, you know health professionals would arrange for scans if they though you were at risk of a tumour and you know other people suffer with this just the same as you, hopefully you will calm yourself after processing these facts, and carry on with your life as normal smile There will always be health anxiety making you panic, but it's important to process correct information and discard the fears and speculations, easier said than done I know, but give it a go when you panic, hopefully you will calm smile You sound exactly the same as me with these symptoms, so if it'll help you in future, please reply or contact me at any time for some reassurance!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.