I'm so scared all the time

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm not sure anymore if I'm having anxiety/panic or some other serious illness. I've had 2 ECG's and my cardiologist is insisting that its all psychological but I think otherwise. I've had various trips to the ER and I had my oxygen level checked (it was a 100% and the attending physician said that there's nothing wrong with me). I get bad chest pains that would radiate to the back but then would disappear after a few minutes and then I start to hyperventilate. I feel numb in the middle of my chest and it feels like my heart is being squeezed but then would almost immediately disappear after inhale/exhale using a paperbag. I would feel so out of control and I feel like I'm going crazy. I feel like I'm having a heart attack and that adds up to my already panicked self. I just end up crying and feeling lost. Often, I get headaches even days after my "panic attack" and some symptoms even stay weeks after like chest pains.

Please help me sad

0 likes, 6 replies

Report / Delete

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Enomotopoeia,

First let me reassure you that you are not alone in this whole scenario. It was very similar to what I had. I had visual distortion, panic attacks and chest discomfort. I did al the tests and it was all negative (including an angiogram all the way to my heart).

Eventually I had no choice but to decide it was a psychiatric problem and was treated accordingly. It took a around 8 weeks for everything to settle down, but I feel almost 85% myself again.

Get it assessed thoroughly. If it is not anything related to health, please consult a psychiatrist or a GP.

Y.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I am actually planning to consult a psych since the doctors don't see any problems with my physical health. I forgot to mention that I was admitted to the hospital the first time I experienced a panic attack - I took in too much caffeine. They tested me for thyroid something and some other blood tests. I had an ultra-sound too. But all came negative.

So now I'm faced with the choice of considering that this is all just psychological.

Thank you so much!

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I doubt that anyone on this earth hasn't experienced a panic attack of some sort. When they lose a spouse, a pet a loved one. Life is rough at times. Pretty much everyone you talk to during the day has had one but the thing is people don't usually tell anyone because they either see it as weak, or are embarrassed...ect.  Not something people expose about themselves.

talk to a therapist and see what the trigger was for this event , it does sound like panic every part of it. Stress has a way of tripping the trigger

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

What triggered this was when I took so much caffeine in a day and then didn't get enough rest the entire night (no sleep at all, tbh), the next day, I started hyperventilating in the airport. We went to the nearest hospital and they said it was panic.
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up