I'm so stressed and freaked out, any advice???

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm an 18 year old girl and staying with my mom for two days since my parents r divorced (as of 1.5 years now) and my brother and I live with my dad full time (minus visits to see mom.) my mom has had severe depression for as long as I can remember and it has impacted our whole family over the years. My dad has always done everything for my brother and I and is so happy and productive while my mom is not. He has always said my mom lies about almost everything and I always believed him (of course I still love her tho.) well whenever I visit mom I'm basically her psychiatrist (Which I have one of my own since i have maaaajor anxiety.) and she never takes my advice so idk why I even try but. (She has attempted suicide multiple times and has been to 3 mental hospitals and has had her head shocked?!? Her brother killed himself and her dad) Anyway she dropped some major bombs on me tonight and at first I didn't believe her. My parents r both dating people but apparently they've also still been sleeping together! I didn't believe her so I texted my dad (she didn't know) but then she pulled her pants down to show me a huge bruise hand mark from my dad apparently and it filled me with absolute horror. LATER she admitted it was just rough s** but SHE DIDNT START OUT WITH THAT SO I THOUGHT HE WAS FULL ON ABUSING it's still very disturbing tho!! She then has been begging me like three times an hour for 3 hours now not to tell him BUT ITS TOO LATE and I'm freaking out !!! My dads always saying how he does NOT like my mom but my mom says she still loves him so why does he randomly go to her house ??? Then she told me about the time she was raped at one of the mental hospitals she went to! And how she came home and didn't wanna tell my dad and that's why she slit her wrists! I didn't know that was why! Also my dad will never say if my mom cheated on him if I ask like he just WONT ANSWER and tonight my mom said in the divorce papers he put that he had cheated on her many many times. My mom said she never cheated on him ever. One of my dads romantic interests died in April and has been acting kinda weird ever since and this has been kinda hard on me. IK I should try to understand my dad and I really have it's just I'm getting ready to leave for college and he's been more distant than ever and now I find out about this crap from my mom. My mom also mentioned that she was on top of the world at my age too and I'm freaked out I'm Gonna turn into her! My parents keep tons of secrets and because of that I'm the most open person I know. Too open according to my friends lol. I needed to rant becuse I'm overwhelmed and my view of my parents is really messed up right now. I've always looked up to my dad but he's been acting weird for months and now I hear about this! I would appreciate any advice if u have any! Thanks to anyone that actually read this

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Okay I actually meant I'm my moms counselor not psychiatrist i don't prescribe meds LMAO

• Posted

Firstly your mother has had a very traumatic experience in her life that caused her illness so it doesn't mean that you will get it. Also I think that you should talk to mother further about it. You should also wait and listen to your father opinion of not the matter.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.