I'm so tired of living...

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm so tired of living.  I hate my job not just because it's thankless or unfulfilling but it's also because of the people I work with.  I'm so tired of not having a special someone in my life; sometimes I feel like I have been cursed & will be single for the rest of my life.  I'm tired of not having anyone I can go hang out with.  I'm so tired of being disappointed...I've been trying to find a different job for the past 7 or so years now.  I wish I could just go to sleep & never wake up.  Why is it so hard to meet people?  I hate my life & I'm so tired of living.

2 likes, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Gary - sorry you are having a bad time of it. Are you on any meds? Have you seen your doctor for an assessment? Sounds little like depression. Might need attention.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Gary well

Your I. The right place to meet people my advice is to stay vigilant a lot of people on here treat this like a dating site.

So my advice is to remember that mental health is very deceiving most people are vulnerable here and so are at the least vigilant you will find many connections on this site however mental health and the aftermath of it is not the basis of a relationship

Some people my think they want something when actually they don't and this only leads to a worsening state of depression for example if you were thinking relationship and the other person is not then you would ultimately feel worse after rejection

So please stay vigilant and take things with a pinch of salt

Secondly your job only you can change it you are still young I assume maybe 23 there abouts? So you've plenty of time to return to further education and follow a career not a job what carrer are you interested in ?

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Gary,

It is possible to change to your job. I would recommend having a look at your local FE college and see what night classes they are offering. You may find something that interests you, that you enjoy doing and will give you a qualification at the end of it!

A few positives to think about:-

- You will learn and develop new skills

- Challenge yourself

- Gain a new qualification

- Make friends

- Get out of the rut you are stuck in

- Increase your confidence

- depending on your personal circumstances you may be able to get financial assistance

- have something extra on your cv that demonstrates to perspective employers that you are committed to learning and developing yourself

- have something to talk about at interview (all those new skills etc)

Honestly, studying has been a life line for me. I have met some great friends, having done night class for years. Now I am halfway through my degree.

Pm me if you want to chat.

Good luck - Shaz

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up