I'm so worried!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all,

I've been really struggling believing I have health anxiety..

I have lots of physical symptoms.. Chest pain, left arm pain, dizziness, extreme tiredness, lack of concentration.. The list is endless!

I've seen my doctor a fair few times and had a couple of trips to a&e..

I've had routine blood work, ECG, chest X-ray, blood pressure and all is normal..

I also had a blood test for a clot (because of shortness of breath and chest pain) this came back positive.. The doc send me for a ct scan of my lungs but no clot was identified.. So whyyyyyyy was my blood test positive???? I now have in my head that I have a clot in my leg, I get lower leg pain on one side and it aches a lot.. Could this be a clot? Helppppppp!!

I find it really hard to believe there is nothing physically wrong - why do I have all this pain??

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi there! Try not to worry its ur brain playing tricks I had this all the time! Was watching a film on my laptop one day and had a shooting pain in my eye then I convinced myself it was a brain tumour lol spent weeks in blind panic but u just got to beat this feeling urself.  Come on be brave cos I know its not nice
  • Posted

Hi Charlotte. If everything is normal physically, there is nothing more a GP can do, and if you went back to him, he'd probably suggest Anxiety and refer you for CBT.

I said on another thread that this is your brain telling your body that you are in a state of fear and so increases blood flow to your heart, which then makes your heart rate increase.

The best way to overcome this is by analysing the situation, performing a body scan, becoming aware of the situation and where your body is, and then saying "I have nothing to be scared of". Perform breathing techniques such as the "7 to 11" technique where you learn to control your breathing.

If the tension is in your chest, don't do what a lot of therapists advise and breathe into your diaphragm - breathe into your chest (because that's where the tension is) and take as much air in as possible through your mouth. Take in as much air as your lungs can physically allow.

Hold that breath for 7 seconds. Breathe out slowly and then once all of the air has left your body, don't breathe in again for 11 seconds. Repeat as many times as necessary until the tension in your chest has been alleviated.

Your head may feel dizzy - don't worry about it. Go with it. It will relax you. Make you feel slightly euphoric. You may feel tingling in your fingers and toes (also symptoms of heart attack) - don't worry about it. Go with it. That's 'good air' making it's way into your blood stream, flowing around your body, telling you to relax.

• Posted

its all in your head. anxiety makes you think all this. it makes you worry too much about nothing rolleyes it sucks i hate it.
  • Posted

Charlotte you are becoming all too aware of everything that goes on with day to day body functions, I'm the same, chest pain meant heart attack, light headidness meant I was going to pass out, I've had the lot. There's no harm in caring for yourself but try and relax a bit more, and the body does get funny twitches and aches, it's completely normal.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.