I'm struggling

Posted , 3 users are following.

I can't stop thinking about food sad I'm clock watching waiting for the time of my next meal. And I'm picking. I think I'm bored. Should be getting on with the housework but I can't be bothered. My hair is lifeless and my skin is like elephant hide even though I'm taking a multi-vitamin.

I'm really fed up.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

sorry to hear that, what sort of foods are you craving or is it just you feel hungry?

Are you eating enough when you do actually have a meal?

I have dried fruits, apricots, prunes or cranberrys around 4.15, just as I sit down to watch Deal or No deal, if I have a craving or an Activa yoghurt which is no fat.

If I'm craving chocolate/sweet thing then I resort to Snack a Jacks or a low fat chocolate bar (Tesco's does a choc orange one which is nice) or GoAhead's.

If you are due to see the GP/nurse soon then I would say have a chat with them about it and discuss your meal options and see if they can come up with some advice

• Posted

Sorry to hear you're struggling Petal, but I know how you feel.

I know we all tend to be really busy and it can be difficult to find time for ourselves, or justify spending time on ourselves - I'm the world's worst at it :roll: but, it sounds to me as though you could do with some 'me' time.

Any chance of setting aside some time to maybe pamper yourself? Get the conditioner out for your hair and some nice smelly lotions and potions for a soak in the bath. It might make your hair and your skin feel a bit softer and make you feel a bit better. If you can get someone to give you a massage as well, you'll be well away! :wink:

Good luck

• Posted

Thanks for your replies. I think I was just having a bad day yesterday. I get plenty of \"me\" time, probably too much. I am home alone all day (DH at work and no children or pets). Thank goodness for daytime television :D
  • Posted

I think we all have days like that!

I seem to be finding t hard at the moment, think it's the time of year. I just want lovely comfort food and Baileys!

Good advice from everyone though

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.