I’m struggling with side effects, do I come off of them or wait?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi there, I started citralpram around 4 weeks ago. I started on 10 and went to 20 which I stayed on, however my anxiety is through the roof! I feel really low and I have the feeling like I’m just not here as I feel spaced out. Headaches are going and my appetite has come back but it’s just the low feeling I have that’s getting to me. I can’t be bothered with anything either, I just wanna stay at home and sleep. My partner thinks I should maybe go back to 10 or come off them but I’m not sure if I have given it long enough to work? Would love To hear back from someone please 

Lou 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Wait.

Give it 4 more weeks it will be alot better.

What you are experiencing i expreienced it exactly the same...keep going at it it's gonna be much better

• Posted

I was the exact same. I’m now on week 6 on 20mg. I still have the anxiety but overall feel fine. 

Keep going with the meds, they will make you feel better. Stay strong. X

• Posted

If your struggling that bad ask doctor for a benzo...don't give up..if you give up your going to go through withdrawals..and end up in a worst situation..

• Posted

if you stop taken the medication ,you will get redraw-al symptoms which is not what you want,you have only taken them for a short time and the ssri needs too build up in your body ,so persevere for another 5/6 weeks and i am sure you will start too feel better
  • Posted

Hi Louise 

You will feel worse before you feel better, it’s weird how it works, you will wake up & suddenly boom 💥, no more panic, that’s what happened to me. Everybody’s different I guess

Hope helps 

rob 

• Posted

Hi Louise, I too didn’t and could do much for 6 odd weeks. I had ZERO motivation, anxiety and a plethora of side effects, lethargy and constant urinating sometimes every half hour to mention just a few issues I had. I’m week 9 now and feel things are getting slowwwly better.  3 months is supposed to be the benchmark time to allow this med to show it’s true colours or at least see a significant improvement. I know for Lois it was more like 9 months till she recovered. Just don’t give up ok, we’re all here for 4 😉 Manny. 

• Posted

Louise,  this drug is a mind trip. You are getting through it. I’m on Day 41 but who’s counting. Lol stay with it. The people on this blog are awesome and this is how I’m getting through this. I’m better than I was at 2 weeks ago. Can you force yourself to walk during the day. Listen to music while walking. I know it has helped with the anxiety. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.