I'm suffering from panic attacks what should i do?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi im 17 years old currently studying in college. My transportation time from home to school is 1 hour to 2 hours. Everyday i have this fear of going alone in school so i always request my mom to bring me to school and when it is dismissal time my boyfriend always wait for me. I am new to this panic attacks . I never consult a psychologist i just study what i felt and then with the help of internet i learned that it was panic attack. Now my mom wants me to transfer to another school that is near us. But the problem is I am currently studying in as well known university then my mom wants me to transfer from a not well known school. What should i do ? i want to continue to study in my university please help sad 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Have you shared this with your mum or boyfriend? Or do you feel you can't? It's good you have tried to educate yourself but yo uneducated to see a healthcare professional to see you have come to the right conclusion. Only then can you start getting the right treatment and support. Good luck and keep me posted 
    • Posted

I've already shared this to them . Okay thank you very much . I will! smile
  • Posted

Hi! I'm quite new to panic attacks myself but I know that they are one of the worst feelings in the world. You sound like you have a real bright future ahead of you so I would definitely talk to your mum or boyfriend or whoever you feel close to. I get paranoid when I'm in the house by myself and I convince myself something bad will happen and I never want to be left alone incase I have another panic attack. Don't worry though I'm sure it gets better smile Good luck with everything and I hope it all gets sorted out 
    • Posted

Thank you. Yea youre right sometimes im thinking that maybe i want to die to end this panic attack. sad
    • Posted

That's exactly what I feel when I have them- they can just get so bad that you think death is an easier or better, but just remember everything has to end. Your not alone in this smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.