I'm suffering so bad!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hey guys..

I've posted on here a few times and I've had lots of help, my anxiety seems to have got much better for a while but all of a sudden it's back with a bang..

I'm 23 year old female, 2 children, good job, no money issues etc..

I've been told by my doctor that I have anxiety and I am taking medication for it (fluoxetine) I also had a few sessions of CBT which seemed to help a little..

Just wanting abit of reassurance really, I'm so scared that I have something majorly wrong with me (maybe something to do with my heart - I feel like I'm going to have a heart attack and drop dead and any point) it's just all getting too much - I seem to have CONSTANT chest pains, back ache, my left arm hurts (which are all classic symptoms of heart disease) I'm also very very tired ALL the time, no matter how much sleep/rest I have the tiredness never goes away.

I've been to the hospital and they did routine blood tests and a ECG and said everything was fine and that I am 'too young' to have heart problems.

I just don't know where to go from here, it's affecting my day to day life - I don't even like to exercise incase it brings on a heart attack! Every one just thinks I'm been silly but to me it's so real! Please some one help, I need to know if this is normal or not - want the pains and the worrying to go away!

Thanks in advance x

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Charlotte! 

don't be afraid. We're here to reassure you. You've done the right thing and checked out your symptoms. Had an ECG and blood tests and they are fine. Take comfort in that. The symptoms are anxiety . The tiredness is because your muscles are permanently tense.  

• Posted

Have you got someone with you? Do take care of yourself. 

Be reassured. 

(((((((BIG HUG)))))))

• Posted

Hello Charlotte

I think your first step forward is to really beleve that your hospital tests were clear and OK.    If you can accept this in your mind and try to relax, then the tension pains (that what they seem to be) will go away.  Not easy, but practice makes perfect!  Keep smiling, and understand that most of us who post on this forum have " been there. done that and got the T-shirt" as the saying goes!

We are all here for you. x

• Posted

Many of us have health fears.  The test results should reassure you that you do not have heart problems.  I think we all know the symptoms of a heart attack, pain in the left arms, chest pain, etc.but they may only be the result of the extreme anxiety you are suffering.  Were you taking flouxetine when you got better?  Stick with it and if it and the CBT helped before you will be better again. And  I hope very soon.  I know it's easy for people to say get control of yourself, but it's not easy for the anxious person to do that.  But in the end, it is good advice.  Sometimes only we can cure ourselves.  Have you a sympathetic friend who will listern to you without judging you? 

Sometimes having the ear of a compassionate person can make all the difference. Don't be afraid to come  to the forum.  We want to really help each other.  

• Posted

You are ok. We have all experienced what you are going through. It is very, very common to develope a health anxiety and it is always very, very believable. Please try to relax and believe that the tests show that nothing is wrong with you. I can't tell you the amount of times I have believed I was dying from a heart attack, or something else. It is anxiety. The problem is anxiety not something physical. I always get checked out at my GP's just to reassure me then I try to focus on the fact that it is only the anxiety that is happening. That's all. Anxiety never hurt anyone. It's just a very uncomfortable sensatioin in the body and it won't last. Be kind to yourself and comfort yourself. Big hug.
  • Posted

feeling tired and a rapid heartbeat are quite normal with anxiety. It was good you had an ecg just to get checked out so hopefully now you can see that the heart symptoms are linked to anxiety and the drowsiness to the pills.

Richard

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.