I'm suffering with health anxiety. Don't believe results

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been worried about. Ovarian C as I have bladder issues. I went to GP who ran blood tests including special one for ovarian c. I also had a pelvic ultrasound all normal. My gp thinks I have a weak bladder. I keep thinking something had been missed. Should I ask for more blood work or more in depth scans. Or is this my health anxiety playing tricks.

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

What do you mean when you say weak bladder? Like you have to go all of the time or you can't hold it?

• Posted

Have you had children, Sandra? Because a lot of women 'can't hold it in' for so long once they're given birth.

Ovarian Cancer is a whole different ball game. Your doctor would not have missed the obvious signs of cancer of the ovaries, and the ultrasound proved him right.

There are no more blood tests or in-depth scans.

If you had Ovarian Cancer you'd get sharp pains in your shoulders and also in your abdomen.

I think that your health anxiety is playing up, unfortunately.

Love Tess x

• Posted

Thank you tess. I haven't had children. I just cling on to every little thing. If I see an article,TV programme etc about a health concern I think it's a sign etc. It's ruining my life.

• Posted

Sounds like health anxiety torturing you. Has someone in your family suffered from this? And if it is a weak bladder are you following uo with another doctor in what ro do? Also one of the symptom with anxiety is or can be having to pee a lot.  A nervous bladder. There used to be a person on here that explained it.
  • Posted

Hi Sandra. Sounds like health anxiety to me. The thing is, you can keep going back to the doctor a million times. But that only causes more stress and potentially more medical bills. I've learned this the hard way. Go back to your GP and discuss your concerns and the results. He'll give you advice and try really really hard to believe him. I promise, you're okay Sandra. You just don't know it...yet! smile 

Peace 

• Posted

Thank you nick. I don't know why I can't get past this. I guess because my bladder continues to play up it reinforces my health anxiety. Thank you

• Posted

It's your anxiety kicking in again. If your having pain than the doc should be aware of that and go from there. 

• Posted

Another thing, Sandra.

Avoid caffeine. That means no tea, coffee or colA.

It worked for me - and don't buy decaff tea or coffee - they do contain a small amount of caffeine.

Now I only drink water and juice.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.