I'm trapped in bed.

Posted , 6 users are following.

I think I'm screwed. After nseveral years of treatment and med adjustments for anxiety and depression I was starting to see improvement. My family didn't agree with my treatment, and after a heated arguement with some family members they called police and had me commited stating I threatened them. I was very upset about being removed from my home, and without even really talking to me the dr diagnosed me as bipolar, took me off all my meds, and put me on something that made me feel sick all the time and extremely irritable. That was 2 years ago. Now I take no meds, not even my blood pressuire meds, because I can't even make a phone call , or get out of bed for any length of time. 

2 likes, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like you've been having a really tough time mate. I hope you get some better support soon - can the Docs perhaps link you in with your local mental health team as they would be able to take some more time understanding your situation and hopefully finding u better meds? Sending u a hug
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Sorry you feel this way andy. It hurts when families lie about there loved ones. 

If i were you please get yourself help. Do not be scared because you need to live your life. If you have to see another doctor but please do not hide out because that makes things worse 

Elizabeth

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up