I'm useless

Posted , 9 users are following.

I'm 19 years old I graduated high school last year with a gpa of 2.9 I went into work the a Human Resources office but I can't do anything right. I had a boyfriend but I feel like I pushed him away. I think i pushed him away. He would ditch me to buy beer, and would ask to sneak into my room. The last time i thought he actually liked me we had sex and the very next day he talked to another girl now he's in a relationship with her. Why couldn't that be me? Not only that but this other guy told me no guy would want me for anything serious everyone looks for me for sex. He said I look like a monkey. I have slept around quite a bit. I have no real friends.  I'm socially awkward. I am a family disappointment. I can not clean or cook. I can't do anything. I'm a complete failure. I feel like there is no point of me being here.

2 likes, 7 replies

Report / Delete

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Yesenia so sorry that you are having such a hard time. You feel useless but that's just a feeling not a fact. I don't mean to minimize how you feel but when we are depressed it skews how we see ourselves. Just because you might not have made some good choices for yourself and got hurt does not make you useless we all make mistakes. Hindsight is always 20/20. You are being too hard on yourself please cut yourself some slack. Learning from our mistakes is maturity. That boy sounds like a user and not a good choice for you and he's missing out on a special girl!! Any person that tells you mean things about yourself is a loser and you need to run away from them as fast as you can. Have you ever tried counseling or some meds like antidepressants? They both have been life changing for me. Thank you for writing to us. We care! I care!! Will you keep me posted on how you are doing? Diane

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Yesenia, please dont feel this way. You're not the only one who goes through something like this . You're only 19 years old, you have your whole life ahead of you. Depression can be tough; you need to get some counseling or some meds that can help you feel better. The choices you made are in the past, you can't change that but, you can change from now on. You are special in God's eyes , Don't think any less of yourself and wait to find the right person for you. Work tirst on yourself then all the pieces will fall into place. I know, I have my moments but hang tough. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

And I supposed the guy who told you you looked like a monkey was an Adonis type himself?  What a cheek and don't listen to that kind of talk.  I can't believe you want a guy who used to ditch you to buy beer and asked you to sneak it into your room!   It sounds he was using you and you are better off without him.

You seem to have very low self esteem and let men use you how they wish. You need to work on changing this and if you are not already seeing a counsellor it would be a very good idea to see one.  Once you learn to value yourself more you will be in a much better position to find someone to love and who loves you truly.

Oh and I am lot older than you and I can't clean or cook either and have no talents.  It's not just you smile  xx

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Yesenia

I'm socially awkward too. I've never  even had friends. You can learn how to cook and clean.. maybe your mom or someone can teach you. Watch YouTube or search online for instructions. I've always known thanks to my mom who showed me when I was little. It's easy to clean. Cooking is a little more difficult. But you can do it!That guy was a jerk!😡 Good thing he left he clearly wasn't good for you.  If at the first chance he leaves with another girl. First, love yourself and try to look your best. Develop confidence in yourself don't let them ever bring you down.  Some will do that just so they can feel superior and walk all over you. All their constant belittling you will leave you with no self esteem. Don't act needy. Don't be too sweet or lovey dovey with men. Some guys hate it. Don't call or text them let them do it first. You need therapy too build up your self esteem. This worked with my mom after 20 years of verbal/physical ab*use from my father. She received therapy and was alot better.smile💕💖💖🙏💪You are NOT a failure! You are not a disappointment. You need counseling. It's the depression that makes us feel this way about ourselves. Hope you get better! Sending all my love xoxo💕

-Ashley

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi again yesenia it's Diane again. I would so like to know how you are doing this evening😊. Diane

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi...i feel what ur sayn bc i also feel like a complete failure, i been dealing with depression for a long time now n it is really hard...u def dont need someone who is going to use u, it only makes s**t worse...i just went through a relationship that cut me deep, i kno how u feel with all that trust me...i have a good job, good family, but not very many i consider "friends"...ur not alone there, i often feel im a great disappointment to my family i will explain if u want the whole story sometime just message me back...just want u kno ur not alone on this one

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Yesenia - tell him we're all monkeys, and some monkeys are more stoopid than others. Ask whether he's graduated from anything. As he responds, turn around and walk away. 

You sound like you are yearning for a relationship - as if that will somehow complete you or make you worthwhile. It won't. When we seek something desperately we settle for less and find ourselves in a mess. If your value to men is purely sexual then you need to start saying 'No.' Men won't respect an easy woman - exactly as in the description you gave of your ex-boyfriend. You are not a failure - remember you graduated. You need to look inside and ask what you want for the future, keep telling yourself you CAN do anything you set your mind to, seek a target, and go get it. Only you can do that - no-one else, and especially not a man who sees you as some sort of currency.

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up