I'm very depressed, please help!

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am 27, have boy friend. He is from foreign land, came to my country to start business on his own. I met him two years back introduced by one colleague. I was admire his courage and appreaciate his knowledge. And most important part is I felt very sorry for him when my country people arround him were cheating him, he asked help from me. I could not reject, I could not see him in a foreign country without any help. So I left my job and came to help him to start factory business. Within one month I came to know his finance was not enough to run and maintain more than one month. I could not run away at that moment because he still fighting, so I started helping him to do recruitment and administration work from scratch. And he's keep seeking for the investment.

While helping him, I aslo into more and more depresson. On one hand people always stare at us with irritation, my families and friends could not understand why I choose this man, another hand because lack of  fiance business could not pick up, after 6 months, we close down factory and moved to one small office for designing, again we failed badly. After that we came out very good health care project and spent nearly one to find investment. Btt again because lack of finance, we could not go arround to visit people or make propotype to show to investors.

During this two years, we went through a lot, without food and electrcity for many days and many times, without money to rent a department and forced to stay in the factory two months...

Now I had found a job to surrive, yes, just for surrive. Everyday still into lot of depression, not able to sleep, feeling very tired, can not have proper communication with families or friends, everything far away from me, feel very lonely. We still being with each other, he always comfort me and guide me whenever I confused, he understands me very well. We don't have people arround us to talk to get mental support. We just trying to our way out. I know he 's more sad, for conducting business, he had lost everything, he 's broken down. But for me, he's controlling his sadness, he always says, I am the best thing he got in my country after he lost everything.

I know I also shoud be strong for him, but I don't know how, I need help!

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Laura - sorry to read of your situation. What was your home country, and what country are you living in now?
  • Posted

Laura

can you provide a bit more information. Where are you from and where are you now? Where does this boyfriend come from?

I'm not surprised you are feeling sad and lonely after all that's happened since meeting this man.

When you say you need help, I agree, but you yourself need some help. Never mind about this man, you need to concentrate on yourself first. From what you say, it sounds like you are the one who has lost everything since you met this man.

I don't want to sound nosey, but it sounds like you've lost out financially because of him. You've had to find a job to survive, but what about him. I hope for your sake, he Is he working too.

Please come back with more information and people here will try and help you

• Posted

You have to ask yourself - why did you put yourself into this difficult life situation? Lots of things you can't control and unsustainable. Not suprised you are feeling stressed and unhappy. You need to get to a place that is manageable in your own life and build from there. If your link with your partner is love, ok, but that doesnt mean you throw your entire life on the heap and start a factory together in another country?! See him if you feel you want to, but protect yourself too. Moving country, starting a massive business adventure together are not conjusive to love and companionship. You sound niave frankly. You would do yourself a favour and protect yourself more, then you will feel a lot eaiser and happier in yourself. 

• Posted

Hi Laura, sorry to start with questions but it's very difficult to know how to help. You have told us about your situation but not where you are both from, where the businesses were and what you are doing now. Depression is awful, I'm just back from seeing the doctor myself so I do understand I would just like to know you a little better.

• Posted

Hello again laura

please come back and let people try and help you. You have so many difficulties going on and you need to be able to talk openly to someone. You have no family or friends to communicate with, just this man.

?Your comment "now I had found a job to survive, yes, just for survive"  shows how desperate you must be feeling.

As we don't know where you are, or where you've come from, it's very difficult to help you.

Take care, there are people here who can offer help and advice, or just to listen to you

• Posted

Yes Laura. Its important to talk and listen some advice from people. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.