I'm very very afraid at the moment.

Posted , 3 users are following.

I really believe that I have something wrong with me. I have a bump beside my ear that is sore. It's inside the skin. It's very sore. It only recently got sore. It feels slightly swollen. I remember that bump being there for a few months but I just thought it was just a part of my skin because it didn't hurt and it felt unimportant. Now after its swollen, I believe I have something genuinely wrong with me. I'm scared. I'm so so scared. I thought I was on the road to recovery until I found this.

0 likes, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

• Posted

Calm yourself down take deep breaths in through your nose out through your mouth. Your going to be ok. Can you go to the doctor to have them check out the bump? What are you exactly afraid will happen to you because of the bump?
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Dont worry about the bump in terms of danger, dont play with it you will infect it. It might already be infected. Simply go to a dermatologist they can fix it. It most  likely a cyst, nothing at all to get scared of just uncomfortable. They will either lance it for you or give you some keflex antibiotic. Get a washcloth and dip it warm water and do soaks on it. Warm water compresses are  nice for it. Tons of people get those its an oily area. Do not play with it its also a glandular area. You are doing well. You have everything organzied properly things happen. Because you are frazzled anything will trigger off your anxiety level so objectively im sure here a dermatologist can take care of this cyst by your ear. You are still on the road to recovery matt. Just an added doctor visit. Thats all it will be, but go to the dr. so its handled and you dont have to deal with it. You do not need to deal with an infection its so easy to handle this. 
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Remember to breathe. Make an appointment to get it checked. If so worried, go to Urgent Care but don't let the anxiety get to you. Think rationale thoughts - it could be a pimple.

?Keep posting your feelings. You have support here. Hang in there and know you will be ok.

?Take care of you!!

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up