I might have depression

Posted , 4 users are following.

After my accident on Sept 11,th this year everything has change I feel like I'm not my self I feel like everyone around me is pushing away I feel like every time I say something it's turns out it's stupid and it's all my fault that I say something and it p****d some one off and I start crying and I hate my self for it everyday I feel like I should just keep my mouth shut and I use to love cook I g not much much and all I want to do is nothing what's wrong with me i feel like the accident was my fault the tire blew out on the high way I went spinning and hit the side walls of the high way and I could have died the police said I was lucky cuz the last car that had the same type of accident they went over the high way and died so since then my mind has not been there at all

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Oh sweetie, it does sound like depression., but I am not an expert. Reach out for help.  Get some therapy.  it is hard to find a good therapist, but get one that you think can help you.  You have all these negative thoughts in your head that need changing, and you need to talk about it.  Have a compassionate inner voice.  You are telling yourself all these negative things.  Would you say that to a friend?  The answer is probablly “no”, so try not tl tell yourselfl these things.  If you keep sinking consider medication, but first try therapy.  You are not alone.  Therapy will help you deal with these emotions.
    • Posted

Thanku at this time I can't afford a therapist I lost my job my car I been struggling

• Posted

Mia

After a serious accident sometimes we can suffer PTSD and we need to be able to talk out the accident, cause and effect. So you need someone who you can trust and has understanding of what you have gone through. It is one of those things we never understand the possible negative outlook of what  could  have happened to you or anyone else ? how became involved, sometimes this understanding of consequences may take time before you understand the implications of what happened. and move on and get back behind the wheel 

Talk to your GP, we are all here to help if needed

BOB

With PTSD I would suggest if you do not have someone to listen to you, ?? Make an appointment to see your GP. A course of CBT may help you move on and the sooner you do this the  quicker, hopefully you will accept what happened and move on.

• Posted

There are also support groups.  Call NAMI.  National alliance of mental illness.  They can help you find support.  800-950-NAMI. 
  • Posted

You survived that girl that means something you were given a new chance please think about it 
  • Posted

Who was in the car with you ? 
    • Posted

Mia

You need to put this accident into some form of perspective. I over the years have been involved in several accidents and I found the need of moving on was difficult. You say you have no insurance, was this the case when you had the accident ?, if this is the case and the Police had been called you may be banned from driving. I always found after some accidents I needed to get back in the car as quickly as possible as to leave it for a time may make you uncertain to drive again.

Did you need hospital treatment after your accident

BOB

• Posted

Yes I had car insurance livability and yes I was sent to the hospital for treatments

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.